Eating crow ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Suzuki
To return to the boat issue. The original statement is completely misleading. The Damen Shipyard designed and built Stan 5009 is a hard chined semi-planing hull. Designed to run at up to 30 knots, they are typically fitted with three or four big Caterpillars turning multiple straight shafts and fixed pitch props. High speed hulls cannot manage long range, these boats have zero in common with Dashew's FPB series.

Just wondering if the low wetted area of a semi- planning hull would make it easy to push through the water at displacement speed? Of course the hard chines would also contribute to the dynamic stability at slower speeds and help damp rolling motions.

I've heard owners of 24mtr planing yachts say that they are very economical at slow speeds, and don't suffer from huge trim changes when transitioning onto the plane because of their longer length.

I'm not advocating that a semi-planing boat would make a good choice for an offshore blue water cruiser; but might be servicable withonger length and higher displacements.

Fog, I am at a loss to see the connection between a marine protection area, and feeding seals, hence their desire to sleep on swim steps.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom