The E bike storage problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Regarding anti-theft, you could place a motion activated Blink camera right next to the bike and even put a "You're on camera" sign on the bike itself. You can yell at the thief from your smart phone and everything.

I'd suggest a motion activated alarm, which are cheap and easy to install, but the normal motion of the boat might set it off.

As far as storage, I think it's been covered that you might want to go with a smaller disposable bike for your boating adventures. I have a Fiido L2 that I'd use for that purpose if my gf knew how to ride a bike.

Update on this thread:
I said screw it, I want my expensive e bike with me. I put it on at the last minute and just tarped it down without much of any prep. Figured I would address the problem often.
I left Madisonville Louisiana on April 2,2023 and arrived 77 days later on June 17,2023 after 3,220 miles. Our route was the GCICW, Okeechobee WW, AICW, Chesapeake, Delaware bay, Atlantic ocean, Hudson River, Erie Canal, Lake Erie to Lorain Ohio.

The bike came in handy for groceries as I could load a full cart of groceries in the trailer and pull it back to the boat. Very heavy on and off the boat but worth it. I am now riding the bike 125 miles a week again here in Ohio. Other than a few stray steel bolts and lunching a cheap watt meter I cannot find anything different about the bike. It survived the salt environment under only a tarp for the entire trip.
I guess it made sense that nothing really happened to the bike as a result of being in a salt environment because everything on it was basically salt proof materials, no steel and aluminum.

You could consider a canvas bag.

Back
Top Bottom