Dreaming of Zeewoelf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
FORTITUDE
Vessel Make
Kadey Krogen 54-8
Saw this beauty posted on a FB Trawler Group today and subsequently Googled her.

After a few hours obsessing over every photo I could find I announced to my wife I had a GREAT idea. We should buy a 75' North Sea cutter, convert her and get into the adventure/expedition charter business. I thought this was an absolutely brilliant idea and she'd say - "great idea, you should quit your job tomorrow and we'll sell the house".

Instead she said something like; "how about we just sail to the San Juans first, and our kids are still in college, that I have a good career and we own a house, yadda, yadda, yadda". Frankly I stopped listening after "you don't have any experience".

I said, "that's OK it'll take at least ten years to convert her" ;)

Pure genius.

For anyone else that gets the tingle in your belly for a second act that romanticizes a salty life on the sea, and I know that means most of us, enjoy: Zeewoelf

Attachments

• portada3.jpg
    portada3.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Looks too difficult to single-hand. Can't afford a professional crew, so it is out of my league. Or the expense of acquisition, berth, maintenance, and taxes. If you can do it, go for it!

Can a boat like be 2-handed? Isn't there a requirement for a 3rd hand over a certain length? If not, is there an opinion regarding reasonable length before you say it's simply too large for two people handle? (Exceptions like, 'once when I was <too young to know better> we did <insert crazy nonsense>' withstanding).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom