Dream Boats Vol. II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KJ

El Capitan
Vessel Name
Avalon
Vessel Make
Chung Hwa 46 LRC
Love this boat.* Passed it every day for a week.* I lost the brain cells that saw her name.*I think her dinghy is bigger than my boat!*** * KJ

-- Edited by KJ on Monday 10th of January 2011 03:05:40 AM

That boat would be hard to single-hand.* It looks like two boats spliced.* It's twice as large as my home (read "ostentatious").* And it looks awfully plastic.* It's not "me."* Love the background clouds!

-- Edited by markpierce on Monday 10th of January 2011 03:21:21 AM

Glad you liked it.

This older feadship has been on the market a while- love this photo of her.

sirenuse.jpg

-- Edited by Woodsong on Monday 10th of January 2011 06:01:30 AM

No one could argue that vessels like these would make fantastic liveaboards!

That is a beautiful classic... much more " proper" than the new euro look motor yachts
HOLLYWOOD

Yep, I would say Feadship or Berger(sp). They just always seem to have those classic lines.

I've got a 1953 Motor Boating magazine and on pg 63 there is a full page add for Feadship of Holland Yachts. They were even more beautiful then. You could say the've stood the test of time. The featured boat had GM 6-110s. The other boat of the period that always seemed totally beautiful and just right was the Wheeler made at Wheeler Shipyard in New York city. The featured boat in their add had GM 6-71s.

The first boat would be Ok for the Live aboard but the second boat is a little to big as it would require a crew to maintain and take out.* A good size live aboard is in the 50 to 80 ft range.* My wifes favorite boat is the 65 ft Pacific Marine, and the 70 ft Delta which both have crew quarters, guest and master staterooms and bath.* I would not mind having crew quarters as it would be more comfortable when banished to the engine room. To big is not a good thing just like being to little. *

Back
Top Bottom