Drain plugs for Simms double fuel filter on Ford Lehmans 120

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Merrick2020

Vessel Make
Grand Banks 32
Does anyone know where I can find the plastic drain plugs for the bottom of the Simms fuel filters? Also, where does the small o-ring go that comes with the Napa 3166 filters? Does it go inside the plug or on the very top of the system around the bolt holding it together? Any help is much appreciated.

Not sure about the drain plug. But I just went through the secondaries on one of my engines. The PO had a bunch of Napa filters on the boat so I used them. Had an air leak. Finally spoke to Brian at American Diesel. He said the Napa filters were the worst filters. He sent me some Delphi filters and the problem went away. The smaller O ring goes on the bolt head that holds the filter together just under the washer on the outside of the top. The O ring that is about 3/4” goes up on the bottom of the top of the filter on a tube sort of thing. The 2 large gaskets, not O rings,that go top and bottom. Make sure they are not twisted. And make sure to get both of the old ones out. The top one can stick and not come of with the filter. Good luck.

American Diesel has them.
Does anyone know where I can find the plastic drain plugs for the bottom of the Simms fuel filters? Also, where does the small o-ring go that comes with the Napa 3166 filters? Does it go inside the plug or on the very top of the system around the bolt holding it together? Any help is much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom