Does anyone actually use a bathtub on their boat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know I wouldn't use a tub often, but if they would add a stand-up urinal, I'm sure it would decrease water use for guys aboard... I have seen ONE boat with a urinal. I'm not sure if one of the waterless urinals would work without smelling up the head, but should be an option for boats with men aboard.

Quite possible, especially the drunk ones. Otherwise, good natural flushing outdoors.

Friend had a sauna in his Nauticat. Got to say nice on old bones. The Lyle Hess 34 has a teak lined tub with a head held shower. Seems a decent way to get clean and save water. What I hate is to many boats don’t have a decent shower let a lone a tub. If you’re 6’ or over getting to your feet requires some yoga moves or opening the shower door.

Friend had a sauna in his Nauticat. Got to say nice on old bones. The Lyle Hess 34 has a teak lined tub with a head held shower. Seems a decent way to get clean and save water. What I hate is to many boats don’t have a decent shower let a lone a tub. If you’re 6’ or over getting to your feet requires some yoga moves or opening the shower door.
Lyle Hess 34. Dream boat. There is one for sale now in BC, and finished to a very high standard. The bigger Hans Christian's had some tubs on board too. Teak and tile if I recall.

We have a tub in the bathroom, which is large enough to enjoy a bath. Yet, like most baths, we use it as a spacious shower and at times a place to hang wet gear. We have used it as a place to go on a hot night to relax and cool off, which is great.

All that said, just like an onboard washing machine, it uses a lot of water. So basically we would use only at the dock or just prior to coming ashore.

Enjoy.

Hunter 50 Center Console

I remember back some years when Hunter delivered the first of their new Hunter 50 CC to the Annapolis Sail show. I used to work with a Hunter dealer, so I was there to help at the show. It had a really nice aft cabin, which had a jacuzzi under the master bed. Everyone who saw the boat told the Hunter rep's at the show to take out the jacuzzi.

I've delivered and sailed a few Hunter 50 CC's that year, none having the jacuzzi, which Hunter changed into an option. Of course, sailboats do heel!

Enjoy!

I heard a story of someone who had a stainless steel funnel installed in the back of the prodigious bridge and plumbed it overboard... Second hand though.
The only one I've seen with a stand-up urinal was a 85' Aston Doa at a boat show, with the master in the bow, and the master head one level below...

I can't remember the last time I took a bath, but my wife takes one every night. We don't have a tub on the boat, but if we did, I suspect it would get a lot of use. I would need much bigger water tanks!

We use our full size tub for the grand kids mostly. We have to stand in it to shower also.

Bud

We had a jacuzzi on the foredeck
Triangular shaped made for midget strippers
Made great fender/rope storage but got rid of it as it had made the ply deck mushy
If wanting something to splash around in we'll use a blow up pool

We had a jacuzzi on the foredeck
Triangular shaped made for midget strippers
Made great fender/rope storage but got rid of it as it had made the ply deck mushy
If wanting something to splash around in we'll use a blow up pool

Thanks for the visual of midget strippers!!

Thanks for the visual of midget strippers!!

Wifey B: Ok, couldn't resist googling midget strippers. Omg, there are a lot of them. I found many in Australia too. You should invite them to your boat, Simi. . :D

Quite possible, especially the drunk ones. Otherwise, good natural flushing outdoors.
I like peeing overboard. Neighbors are less enthusiastic.

Looking around in Yachtworld today and got to wondering about boat bathtubs. Does anyone actually use them? Seem like a good spot to dry out your foul weather gear, but not so much for bathing.

I used to wash my dog in it before he went on the "big cruise," now just handy for foulies and boots when merited.

Wifey B: Ok, couldn't resist googling midget strippers. Omg, there are a lot of them. I found many in Australia too. You should invite them to your boat, Simi. . :D

Well, we don't have the midget strippers Jacuzzi anymore but we do still have 2 midget stripper poles in the cockpit ;)
They are s/s poles with tables that slide up to the roof out of way, but could then be used as stripper poles.if so inclined.

The boat did actually have a bit of a reputation from the previous owners antics, seems she was a bit of a boys club and some of the stories I have heard from others are pretty wild.

Well, we don't have the midget strippers Jacuzzi anymore but we do still have 2 midget stripper poles in the cockpit ;)
They are s/s poles with tables that slide up to the roof out of way, but could then be used as stripper poles.if so inclined.

The boat did actually have a bit of a reputation from the previous owners antics, seems she was a bit of a boys club and some of the stories I have heard from others are pretty wild.

Wifey B: Oh, I love wild stories. :lol: As to pole dancing, it looks so easy when others do it, but omg I remember when my friend decided to give me a lesson. Trying to smile and look relaxed while terrified of losing grip and landing on your head. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom