Documented Vessel Renewal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pgitug

Guru
Vessel Name
Escapade
Vessel Make
Nordic Tug 37 2002
Went on line 11/16/19 to renew our annual Documented Vessel Certificate. Paid the $26.00 fee using a credit card.
Received my new certificate today on 11/22/19.
Amazing!

Sounds like the USCG finally got automated. I doubt if a human touched your transaction.

Not so good for employment in Falling Waters, WV but good for us boaters for sure.

David

I put in my renewal last May, received the certificate a few weeks ago.

I got my renewal back in less than 2 weeks! They have made real progress vs. '015 when I first applied.

The renewals without any changes zip right through, but if it is a first time documentation or you make changes then things grind to almost a halt.

The renewals without any changes zip right through, but if it is a first time documentation or you make changes then things grind to almost a halt.

Well that explains why mine took 6 months, change of ownership.

Well that explains why mine took 6 months, change of ownership.

They used to average about 3 to 4 months for change of ownership. Then the government was shutdown last year and it has grown longer and they have never caught up.

Has anyone tried the multi-year plan? Has it even been implemented. And this is via the USCG, not through one of the private services.

Do not renew before two month's expiration or you could find the renewal will be less for a year. Lost two months renewing too early.

My renewal had instructions that when you go to pay, on that form or check you just multiply the annual fee times the years you want up to 5.

Back
Top Bottom