Old 01-04-2011, 02:34 PM   #41

City: Seattle, Salmon Bay
Vessel Name: Tonic
Vessel Model: 1987 Cheer Men Marine PT42
RE: Dockage fees

I'm paying just over $800 per month (includes taxes and 1st 100 KWH) for my spot.* It is a 60' space and more than I need, but we chose it before we had even looked at a boat.* When we first had the sudden brainstorm to get a boat last March the first thing I did was go online looking for moorage.* I found the vacancy on an interactive slip map and, as I had passed by the area many times on my father-in-laws commercial trawler coming out of Fisherman's Terminal, I knew it would be a great place to just sit and watch the boating world go by.* It's expensive but, compared to the local options, well worth it in our opinion.* We basically have a waterfront cabin with an active view, even if we don't untie the boat.

If there's a downside to being inside the locks, besides the money, it's the locks themselves.* I can single-hand the boat in most situations but not through the locks.* There are work-arounds, such as borrowing crew from another boat, but it does limit my week-day quickies to the lakes.* Time spent getting through the locks is another issue, but one I don't mind too much.* As the saying goes..."if you're on your boat, you're where you want to be."

The photos are screen grabs from Google Earth.* Very recent as that's Tonic arrowed.
Attached Thumbnails
moorageskyview1.jpg   moorageskyview2.jpg  
Tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 02:43 PM   #42
Moderator Emeritus

City: San Jose, CA
Vessel Name: Pineapple Girl 3
Vessel Model: Silverton 38c

Quote:
Tonic wrote:

"if you're on your boat, you're where you want to be."

Pineapple Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:50 AM   #43
Master and Commander

City: Vallejo CA
Vessel Name: Carquinez Coot
Vessel Model: penultimate Seahorse Marine Coot hull #6

Quote:
Pineapple Girl wrote:

oh my gosh Mark it seemed like all we did was eat and drink.* We ate ...
Sounds like most of the "cruises" Perla and I are looking forward to.* Starting this summer?

markpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:23 AM   #44
Veteran Member

City: Perkinston
Vessel Name: Boatless :(

$3,200/year including electric.
ktischler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:12 PM   #45
Scraping Paint

City: -

About $3200 a year for a 40' slip which includes fresh water but not electricity. According to a Port of Bellingham newsletter they are considering going to a fee based on the boat's area (length x width) rather than the length of the slip. Apparently more marinas in this area are changing to this method of determining moorage costs. We have yet to see how this change will affect our own moorage fee.
Marin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:14 PM   #46
Guru

City: Cary, NC
Vessel Name: Skinny Dippin'
Vessel Model: Navigator 4200 Classic

I'm not at liberty to divulge the price of my slip (at least I don't think so), but it includes electric, wi-fi, and water and is exactly where we want to be for a while!
Tom.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:23 PM   #47
Guru

City: Atlanta
Vessel Model: Bayliner 4550 Pilothouse

Gonzo just reminded me our marina has free wifi with a good signal as well.
Woodsong is offline   Reply With Quote