Old 06-21-2012, 03:07 AM   #1
Master and Commander

City: Vallejo CA
Vessel Name: Carquinez Coot
Vessel Model: penultimate Seahorse Marine Coot hull #6
Inflation

The base price of the Coot has gone up 40% (in terms of U.S. dollars) since I ordered mine late summer of 2010. I'm not happy about it. The world would be better off with more Coots.

Old 06-21-2012, 04:35 AM   #2
Enigma

City: Slicker?
Greetings,
When I saw the title I thought you were referring to:

In other words...this...

Old 06-21-2012, 06:41 AM   #3
TF Site Team

City: Jacksonville
Mark: Wow 40% How come so much? And no offense, but I'm not sure you're helping the Coot cause by having a broken Coot part as your avatar.
Larry M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:02 AM   #4
Master and Commander

City: Vallejo CA
Vessel Name: Carquinez Coot
Vessel Model: penultimate Seahorse Marine Coot hull #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
Mark: Wow 40% How come so much?
I'm thinking it could be the exchange rate.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:34 PM   #5
Guru

City: Whittier AK
Vessel Name: Apache II
Vessel Model: 1974 Donald Jones
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
Mark: Wow 40% How come so much? And no offense, but I'm not sure you're helping the Coot cause by having a broken Coot part as your avatar.
Speaking of that.
How have they been on the repair and or warranty issues?

SD
Old 06-22-2012, 10:39 AM   #6
Art
Guru

City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Quote:
Originally Posted by markpierce View Post
I'm thinking it could be the exchange rate.
Abrupt, unprecedented price expansions are not usually due to actual itemized unit price increases from their manufacturer's and/or suppliers' foundation-cost levels (as it is often made to falsely appear)... but rather, these sudden price expansions are too often the result of the increased number of currency required to purchase said unit. This occurs due to oversupply of currency that devalues said currency (i.e. inflation is created from the top down) - in this case the U.$. dollar; via the Fed Reserve (a private organization with nearly total monetary power and absurd authority capabilities over the actions by any Govt branch) . Hold on to your boat hook$$$ when the U.S. dollar devaluation really gets underway... Quantitative Easing (by the Fed) is simply injections of “Fiat Capital”... a sudo-monetary creation that elevates the presumed number of dollars available and purposefully decreases each dollar of its value. QE 3 is right around the corner, and, the FED often refers to other Fiat Capital injections as "Economic or Monetary Stimulus” - - > To and through the biggest banks and Wall Street. Their inbred financial games STINK at the top and are wavering on self induced failure... Rampant, No-Holds-Barred Greed has taken over!

Globally, the leading nations monetary “plans” and "growth" systems have entered into a descending vortex that is gaining speed and volume... with no “accounting” bottom currently in sight. Can we spell collapse, then rebuild?!?! But at what costs to society in general???

Damn I Llike Boats!

PS: See - - > Although previously listed on TF... It's really worth a look again.
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:07 AM   #7
Art
Guru

City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Following is part of today’s report; I get reports each working day from a high level banking officer I trust. Like I mentioned in previous post – Leading Nations’ have entered into an Economic VORTEX!! Momentum on this is building... Globally.

Yesterday's after hour downgraded banks are leading a North American equity rally(?) this morning although we are not remotely close to recouping yesterday's losses. Overall focus still remains on Europe and a number of higher profile meetings in the next week that one wishes (but doubts) will begin to mend the European crisis. US Corporate earnings are expected to increasingly take hits from poor European performance. Currencies in general are down against the dollar and oil and gold also point down on the charts. Nothing much should come out over the weekend to spur action with the exception of possibly Spain formally asking for a bailout for its banks if they don't get around to it today. So kick back and enjoy these early days of summer. I certainly intend to.
Art is offline   Reply With Quote