Old 08-02-2015, 10:10 AM   #41
Art
Guru

City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopCar View Post
Art, just to give you an idea on the prices of the new ones, I sell the old Monterey for $380.00 and the new Monterey II for $419.95. I expect other dealers have similar prices.
Products and price$ do evolve! We purchased our Magma for not too much over $200, six or seven years ago; at a WM no less! Rail mounts and full width front of grill slip-on cutting pad included. Also came with two regulators for side mount propane canisters (1st one still working fine, spare in storage). Canvas cover was a few bucks extra. In 2008, total bill was way under $300.
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 10:17 AM   #42
Art
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codger2 View Post
Parks, That's a damn good price from what I've seen....will certainly keep you in mind for future purchases. Do you have a different price list for "guys in the white hats?" (That's good guys!)
Walt

I've so far purchased twice from Parks. Fair prices, really good assistance regarding classic anchor light connections I needed. He's quickly become my Go-To marine parts dealer!

Happy Marine-Parts Daze - Art
Old 08-02-2015, 10:20 AM   #43
Guru

City: San Diego
Vessel Name: Circuit Breaker
Vessel Model: 2021..22' Duffy Cuddy cabin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
Walt

I've so far purchased twice from Parks. Fair prices, really good assistance regarding classic anchor light connections I needed. He's quickly become my Go-To marine parts dealer!
Thanks, Art! I'm sure he is an honorable man and I've seen posts from other members who have frequented his online store.
Old 08-02-2015, 10:22 AM   #44
Guru

City: Ft Pierce
Vessel Name: Sold
Vessel Model: Was an Albin/PSN 40
Heck, the Magma grill covers are as much as I paid for my stainless grill.....sure it is all quality stuff....but even living aboard I can't justify some of those prices for as much as I grill....or even would grill if they were perfect.
psneeld is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 10:29 AM   #45
Art
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by psneeld View Post
Heck, the Magma grill covers are as much as I paid for my stainless grill.....sure it is all quality stuff....but even living aboard I can't justify some of those prices for as much as I grill....or even would grill if they were perfect.
OK -
I've got to come clean on something... the cover is not a "Magma" cover... but rather it's just a lowly WM brand cover. They were simply out of Magma covers day we purchased! WM cover lasts well, and, life goes on -
Old 08-02-2015, 10:41 AM   #46
Guru

City: Miami Florida
Vessel Name: Possum
Vessel Model: Ellis 28
Walt, I always try to do a little something for my TF friends.
Art, thanks for the kind words!
Old 08-02-2015, 02:54 PM   #47
Guru

City: Stuart FL
Vessel Name: Lucky Lucky
Vessel Model: Pacific Mariner 65
Weber Q (now the 1100) for 4 years. Perfect for us. Paid $99 on sale in Walmart. Much better than our previous Magma at 1/4 the price.
hmason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 03:53 PM   #48
Guru

City: Fort Pierce
Vessel Name: Florita Ann
Vessel Model: 1982 Present
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmason View Post
Weber Q (now the 1100) for 4 years. Perfect for us. Paid $99 on sale in Walmart. Much better than our previous Magma at 1/4 the price.
I sure gotta want, not need for the new Weber 1000-1200. Do not need it, the Q100 I have is fine but the split 2 peace grill and also the optional split griddle has some appeal. I am drilling a small hole in the cover for the probe of a chef thermometer.
Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 08:48 PM   #49
Guru

We dumped our Magma grill for a George Foreman electric grill. Kept the rail mount and made a flag staff out of it.
ancora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 10:06 PM   #50
Guru

City: Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Vessel Name: Xanadu
Vessel Model: Mainship 37 Motor Yacht
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancora View Post
We dumped our Magma grill for a George Foreman electric grill. Kept the rail mount and made a flag staff out of it.
Ha! That's a good one. When we sold our previous boat I told the buyer I was throwing in the Magma grill just for kicks. He started to thank me but I told him not to bother, I wasn't doing him any favors by giving him that grill.
kthoennes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 10:36 PM   #51
Moderator Emeritus

City: SEWARD ALASKA
Vessel Name: DOS PECES
Vessel Model: BAYLINER 4788
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancora View Post
We actually have one of those. They do an amazing job!

We also have a regular George Foreman cooker and a rotisserie and love all three of them!
https://maps.findmespot.com/s/XLJZ#history/assets
ksanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 09:06 AM   #52
Guru

City: Little River SC
Vessel Name: JAZ
Vessel Model: Ta Chaio/CT35
West Marine has these for $50 off for those of you that like to burn your food or light it 10 times during a cooking session.
Attached Thumbnails
5925128_GALLY_BBQ-Kettle-2.jpg  
windmill29130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 09:25 AM   #53
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by psneeld View Post
in my experience the covers are not quality material 8 months in the Florida Sun and they are all bleached out and falling apart
motion30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 09:29 AM   #54
Guru

City: Ft Pierce
Vessel Name: Sold
Vessel Model: Was an Albin/PSN 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by motion30 View Post
in my experience the covers are not quality material 8 months in the Florida Sun and they are all bleached out and falling apart
many covers these days are really bad...bought chair covers at Lowes 2 years ago..almost lasted 2 years...the last set didn't last 6 months in NJ...really bad.

The Weber cover I have for my little non-Weber grill is doing OK after 2 years as is the marina Weber grill cover...but NJ isn't Fla for sure.
psneeld is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 09:45 AM   #55
Art
Guru

Talking covers' quality...

We always keep our 14'8" Crestliner tow-behind-boat runabout on trailer in open lot at marina. I've purchased covers from $150 to $39. The $150 covers are lucky to last two years in sun. The $39 one from WallyWorld lasts just as long. $150 cover touts all kinds of last ability. $39 WallyWorld cover says little. Go figure!

PS: WM BBQ cover that is always outside to the elements is 7 yrs old and doing well. Albeit we do dock in covered berth; but, BBQ on rear of boat is toward outer most end of roof cover. In direct sun when we are cruising or anchored.
Old 08-07-2015, 10:10 PM   #56

City: Lake Lanier, GA
Vessel Name: Miller Time part deux
Vessel Model: 1995 Carver 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule View Post
Sidebar; the Weber Q1000 and Q1200 also has a cast iron griddle set that fits where the cast iron grill set fits. Another + is that the cast aluminum housing does not get white, burn you to the bone, hot that the thin stainless models do. I heard of a shirtless guy that was wake thrown into his stainless grill that had an ER trip for 3'rd degree burns on his belly. I have an old scar on the forearm from a kettle model that required a asbestos glove to even lift the lid. Also the do not discolor over time.

My latest magma tattoo. Barely tapped the edge of the lid just above its 4" white hotspot. Got this beauty seconds after chastising the kids to not play near the grill! Immediately after it happened I placed the nearest cold beverage against it and kept my mouth closed. No one ever knew it happened....well until my bro noticed it had a nice blister on it! Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1439003402.457432.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	42949
n36511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 10:10 PM   #57

City: Lake Lanier, GA
Vessel Name: Miller Time part deux
Vessel Model: 1995 Carver 355
That scar is 4 weeks old.....
n36511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 02:24 AM   #58
TF Site Team

City: Ex-Brisbane, (Australia), now Bribie Island, Qld
Vessel Name: Now boatless - sold 6/2018
Vessel Model: Had a Clipper (CHB) 34
Does anyone else on here use one of these. We got one many years ago at a boat show, and they have been improved and had additional attachments added over time. We swear by ours as it is so simple. Cool enough on the outside and underneath to set on any table anywhere, (after initial combustion phase of 20min), and will work in any wind. No gas or electricity needed, just carbonettes or the special fuel blocks, and 3 firelighters to set it going, and one just tips the ash next morning overboard, and ready to go again with a recharge. Worth considering..?

Home - Cobb International

http://www.cobbglobal.com/wp-content...bb_premier.png
Attached Thumbnails
Cobb_premier.jpg  
Old 08-08-2015, 08:18 AM   #59
Art
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B View Post
Does anyone else on here use one of these. We got one many years ago at a boat show, and they have been improved and had additional attachments added over time. We swear by ours as it is so simple. Cool enough on the outside and underneath to set on any table anywhere, (after initial combustion phase of 20min), and will work in any wind. No gas or electricity needed, just carbonettes or the special fuel blocks, and 3 firelighters to set it going, and one just tips the ash next morning overboard, and ready to go again with a recharge. Worth considering..?

Home - Cobb International

http://www.cobbglobal.com/wp-content...bb_premier.png
Looks like fun! Many good cooking and other features. Might be smallish cook area for more than two.

Without being tied tight to railing I'd be nervous of hot coals... especially if big wake came while I was taking a break in the head, or something.

Don't think fellow boaters would be pleased to see me cast coal dregs into water... could be sneaky bout that... but that's just not me and an effort to accomplish it that way anyway.
Old 08-08-2015, 12:29 PM   #60
Guru

City: Fort Pierce
Vessel Name: Florita Ann
Vessel Model: 1982 Present
I am impressed. The gas model would work perfect. The charcoal model is only 8.8 pounds so the gas might be 11-12 lb. Easy to fabricate a rail mount. My Weber is 30lb. This looks like pretty good answer.
Mule is offline   Reply With Quote