Do you have some Signature Finish Honey Teak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pelagic

Veteran Member
Hi Everyone,

I bought a product called 'Honey Teak' from a company in Stuart Florida called 'Signature Finish'. The company had been in business for 30 years or so, but unfortunately closed its doors in March 2021.

I was planning on buying more of their product to update the coatings on my teak cap rail, but it seems that there is no way to contact the owner to find out if she has any inventory left over that I could buy.

So I am turning to the Forum to ask if anyone might have some of this product that they would sell to me. In particular, I am looking for the Clear Enamel, Catalyst and Flow Fluid that make up this 3 part system.

Thanks.

Edit: The below is of no help. It is the old contact info and no longer works. Sorry. :-(

One of my neighbors uses their products and has for years. He buys them from...

Fabula Inc. in Port Salerno. Tel 773 626 9065 & 772 287 6077. Email fabulainc@yahoo.com

I don't know how recently he has bought them, but maybe this gets you closer?

Last edited:
If anyone would know, it’s probably Phil at Shipshop over in Ft. Pierce. They are experts at tone and grain matching for the locals, including high-end interior teak, cherry, etc.. They likely have used and repaired the same materials.
(772) 215-9925

A great shame no one brought the company after Tom s death. His widow tried but was not able to keep it going. I loved that finish and it was rated number one by Practial Sailor.
Let us know what you find. I think Bristol Finish might be close in chemistry to be compatible?

Hi NJLarry,

I agree it is a shame that the business went under. I had many conversations with Sandy last year when I applied the product for the first time to my cap rails, and she was helpful, but I could tell that she was also stressed. Unfortunately, I never met Sandy.

My first thought was that I would apply Cetol Clear over the Signature Finish Clear, but perhaps it won't stick because Cetol is a one-part and Signature Finish is 2 parts. I just looked on the internet and see that Bristol Finish is 2-part, so that would probably be a better choice. Thanks for suggesting it.

I have been using Honey Teak for over twenty years. Very sad that Tom died and the company closed.

I just purchased and applied Total Boat Gleam 2.0 a few months ago. I was impressed with the ease of application and it looks great. The "orange" glow from Gleam is not as dark as Honey Teak but the opacity is excellent and really shows off the grain in the teak. And way less costly than Honey Teak.

Total boat gleam appears to be very different product from Honey Teak and i doubt they are combatible.
Honey teak could be applied in most any normal temp or humidity and even in sun and lasted for years. A new coat every 20 to 60 minutes without sanding!
Very different from varnish. It will a challange to find a replacement.

The last batch of Honey Teak I bought from Tom's wife did not perform as well as any previous purchase. I have a sailboat (Columbia 30) which has Honey Teak that's over fours since application (clear coat enamel applied annually). I used what HT I had remaining on part of my Uniflite 42 DC. I ordered more HT from Tom's wife and applied it to the remainder of the teak. The older product looked like new after a year. The new stuff failed after 4 months. I don't know if they changed the formula or what.

Total Gleam 2.0 can be re-applied after an hour (or after the initial flashing) up to three coats in a day. You have 24 hours to recoat without sanding.

I'll let you know how it holds up.

Another good suggestion - Total Gleam 2.0. Have you read anything about how it performs in hot, tropical conditions? Our boat is in the Eastern Caribbean.

Same question for Bristol Finish. Do you know how it will perform in the heat?

DAMN This is bad news I love my honey teak!!!! last time we did it, it lasted 18 years. In fact a person who used to do our teak refused to use it because it lasts so long. I have used the Bristol finish in the past and it doesn't hold up as well and takes a lot more coats

I talked to the owner and yes it is shut down good news is that there is still product and it still can be made. She wants to sell the company I told her I might be interested if she would give me numbers but all I received was crickets. I don't think I have time to run it full time but if numbers are reasonable I would look into reviving it.

I didn't know the company was for sale either.
If someone finds out more, please let me know.
At the very least, the formula and machinery. Ideally, the building and people too.
Some of us are looking for an investment opportunity

Would love to talk to her. A unique product rated number one year after year? Does not get much better. Never understood why big guys did not buy and market it long ago. Beats anything they have in their current product line.

Hi Everyone,

I bought a product called 'Honey Teak' from a company in Stuart Florida called 'Signature Finish'. The company had been in business for 30 years or so, but unfortunately closed its doors in March 2021.

I was planning on buying more of their product to update the coatings on my teak cap rail, but it seems that there is no way to contact the owner to find out if she has any inventory left over that I could buy.

So I am turning to the Forum to ask if anyone might have some of this product that they would sell to me. In particular, I am looking for the Clear Enamel, Catalyst and Flow Fluid that make up this 3 part system.

Thanks.
I have a complete set of Honey Teak for sale!

Last edited:
Also looking for honey teak

Does anyone have the number for honey teak to check if they have leftover product? We are at the bottom of our clear enamel and catalyst as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom