Dixon 63 Pilothouse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boatruptcy

Anyone know if the new owner is a member, this boat just sold in the past month or so. I was on it but too late, wanted to reach out and let new owner to contact me in the future when/if they ever sell. Thanks.

Attachments

• 6849386_20180929093956821_1_XLARGE.jpg
    6849386_20180929093956821_1_XLARGE.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 165
Try contacting the agent for the sale. THey may be willing to pass on your info for the new owner to contact you if they are willing.

Try contacting the agent for the sale. THey may be willing to pass on your info for the new owner to contact you if they are willing.

Yeah, he was the reason I missed it, slow played me for two weeks while he waited to see if the current buyer was going to get the deal done. It was under-handed and unprofessional.

Ouch, yes I'm sure you don't what to deal with that agent again.

Very nice, indeed!

Attachments

• 6849386_20180929093956821_1_XLARGE.jpg
    6849386_20180929093956821_1_XLARGE.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 736
Yeah, he was the reason I missed it, slow played me for two weeks while he waited to see if the current buyer was going to get the deal done. It was under-handed and unprofessional.

Slow played? Underhanded? Sounds like it worked out for the buyer and seller to me. Maybe broker just did his job.

Twice in last 18 months I was late to the party. Both vessels had accepted offers when we showed up, by about 3 days! Yeah, we too waited around for a few weeks to see if surveys and funding were acceptable but we sure weren't PO'd about it - sales 101 at work. The old adage, "if you snooze you lose" is quite apt for very nice well kept vessels.

Last edited:
Slow played? Underhanded? Sounds like it worked out for the buyer and seller to me. Maybe broker just did his job.

Twice in last 18 months I was late to the party. Both vessels had accepted offers when we showed up, by about 3 days! Yeah, we too waited around for a few weeks to see if surveys and funding were acceptable but we sure weren't PO'd about it - sales 101 at work. The old adage, "if you snooze you lose" is quite apt for very nice well kept vessels.

I'm just trying to find the new owner, I'm not going to litigate what happened with you or anyone else. I'll just say you're wrong and know nothing of this situation.

I'm just trying to find the new owner, I'm not going to litigate what happened with you or anyone else. I'll just say you're wrong and know nothing of this situation.

Remember, you opened the door with your Post #4.

That boat is at least one full-time job for upkeep. There should be someone aboard cleaning, prepping, fixing, almost constantly. Should be easy enough to make contact if and when you can find the boat.

Remember, you opened the door with your Post #4.

Do you know the owner or the boat? Can you help at all? Post 4 explains why I don't wish to speak with the broker, I didn't name him, go into details about it, etc.

Is this the vessel that Captain's Choice out of MS was listing? Best I remember the deal closed in mid December. Even though you don't like the broker, why not contact them and ask if the new owner could contact you?

A call to Dixon in NS may possibly provide all sorts of build details on the vessel, assuming they are the builders. Plus Dixon would likely know of any other Dixon vessel on the market or in for a refit. Dixon is a pretty good group.

Good luck in your quest.

That is a very well thought out vessel. Somebody has taken good care of it based upon the pictures.

Salty. Love the watertight doors below and work bench.

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1996/dixon-63-pilothouse-3253328/

Looks like it's for sale again, and somehow it has appreciated 100k in only four months, ha. Same incompetent broker so maybe the sale didn't go through.
Go look at it and make an offer. Do you really want to miss it twice? Certainly nothing wrong with saying you saw the listing 4 months ago, and are prepared to make an offer based on that listing. It may take a while, but that boat has a 4 figure upkeep every month.

Ted

Last edited:
I'm not interested at that price, other boats make sense at 450k, that was a deal at 300k assuming you could get it for that. The upkeep isn't the issue, it's the moorage for that boat and draft. At the end of the day it's a single engine fiberglass vessel with the same systems a 40' has. Yeah some more bottom scraping but not drastically different money wise than any other trawler, the paint needs some attention as it sits anyway.

Anyone know if the new owner is a member, this boat just sold in the past month or so. I was on it but too late, wanted to reach out and let new owner to contact me in the future when/if they ever sell. Thanks.
You make it obvious the power in any deal you might make is with the seller. If the seller and the broker don`t want to deal with you that`s their prerogative.

Either it didn`t sell or the new owner wants out but still likes the broker.You could get someone else to approach the broker without using your name. Maybe a buyers broker. Or forget it and buy something else.

She sits the next dock over from me and looks impressive! St Pete Municipal Marina is affordable (rent ~$700/mo) and slips usually conveys with a sale. Perfect venue for re-fitting. I aim to loop, so she's not for me....

She sits the next dock over from me and looks impressive! St Pete Municipal Marina is affordable (rent ~$700/mo) and slips usually conveys with a sale. Perfect venue for re-fitting. I aim to loop, so she's not for me....

Wow, that's really reasonable.

I see this boat is still for sale. It looks like a real trawler for sure.
I'm curious about the fiberglass hull construction. Would this be a boat that came out of a mold? Is there plywood involved? Or is solid fiberglass, foam core? anyone have any details on it? I see they have lowered the price a bit.

I see this boat is still for sale. It looks like a real trawler for sure.
I'm curious about the fiberglass hull construction. Would this be a boat that came out of a mold? Is there plywood involved? Or is solid fiberglass, foam core? anyone have any details on it? I see they have lowered the price a bit.

YW add says solid fg. Dixon makes some nice vessels, but I haven't seen any this large from them.

Back
Top Bottom