Dink Motor Storage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dave_E

Vessel Name
Agnus Dei
Vessel Make
36' Shin Shing
Hi All,

Here's one I haven't thought of yet. The dink is going to go on the deck above the aft cabin. I never really though about where to store the Suzuki 2.5 outboard. IF you don't have your motor on the dink at all times, where/how do you store the motor on your trawler?

Dave

Hi All,
Here's one I haven't thought of yet. The dink is going to go on the deck above the aft cabin. I never really though about where to store the Suzuki 2.5 outboard. IF you don't have your motor on the dink at all times, where/how do you store the motor on your trawler?Dave

Several solutions:

1. A rail mounted storage bracket
2. A transom mounted storage bracket
3. For a small motor like your 2.5 hp Suzuki, in a locker

David

Rail mount on stern rail worked well for me on previous boat.
I made a block but you can buy them.

If the davit weight limit and deck space allows, I'd rather keep the motor on the transom of the dink.

On my boat, since the dink rides on the swimstep and the combined weight exceeds the davit limit, I place the 15hp motor on a transom mount. If you look closely at the pic below, you'll see the motor on the port corner of the transom behind the davit upright.

I have another 2 HP Honda OB aboard that is stored on a rail mount on the FB.

When in my home slip, the dink OB remains on the dink stored on my dink float in my slip. It allows me to use the dink easily but still stores the dink out of the water in my covered slip.

Attachments

• dink on swimstep.jpg
    dink on swimstep.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 64
  • New Dink on Float.jpg
    New Dink on Float.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 64
I have a transom mount put on by the PO. Works ok since he also put a crane on the transom to lift the motor onto the dinghy.

I have a rail mount on the back of my flybridge. This only works because of the steps as opposed to a ladder. the step design is a semi spiral that allows me to carry the outboard and lean against the railing for support. It only a 4 hp so its manageable.
John

I have an electric motor. It either stays on the RIB if the RIB is on the SeaWise davit, or it is on a rail mount up on the boat deck rail. Since the Torqeedo is very lightweight, it is easy to put on the the rail and is out of the way.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom