Dingy Motor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have experience with electric trolling motors, small propane fueled outboards and small 2 cycle outboards. I used them to push a canoe and several small boats. If someone would make a good quality propane outboard that would be my choice up to about ten horsepower.

The little trolling motor worked well also but had less power than the little 2.5 propane engine. Every time I let the little gasoline engine sit a couple of months it was a bitch to start. Yes I did run the carb dry.

...The little trolling motor worked well also but had less power than the little 2.5 propane engine. Every time I let the little gasoline engine sit a couple of months it was a bitch to start. Yes I did run the carb dry.
Parks, my little 2 stroke Merc 3.3 hates "stale fuel", as little as 6 weeks old according to small engine people here, well within your "couple of months". Try fresh fuel. Adding snake oil to the mix seems to help with preservation.

Parks, my little 2 stroke Merc 3.3 hates "stale fuel", as little as 6 weeks old according to small engine people here, well within your "couple of months". Try fresh fuel. Adding snake oil to the mix seems to help with preservation.

Another thing is to let your outboard run itself out of fuel before you put it up, if you don't plan on using it in the next day or two. My father taught me to do that with my small outboards, and I just don't have fuel problems with mine when I do that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom