Dingy Davit Systems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Addendum1

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Jagger
Does anyone have experience with Weaver davit systems, or similar swim platform systems?

I use Weaver snap davits with my 10' Sterling hard dinghy, and a Weaver Leaver that allows the 9.9 Yamaha to remain upright as the dinghy is raised. I've used this setup for 12 years on this boat and it works great.:thumb:

I use Weaver snap davits with my 10' Sterling hard dinghy, and a Weaver Leaver that allows the 9.9 Yamaha to remain upright as the dinghy is raised. I've used this setup for 12 years on this boat and it works great.:thumb:

Thank you, great testament.

my problem was, my 12 foot hatd dingy on Weavers caught a lot of objects getting away from the dock.

I got rid of them as they were the least favorite of my options.

I have the Seawise crank up system and like it a lot. However, the dealer installation went poorly and it took two return visits to get the parts aligned and the steel hardware replaced with stainless. I made an adapter that allows my cordless drill to easily crank it up and down. Happy so far.

I also have a Seawise davit with the hand crank. It works really well. I have used it with a 10’ heavy rib with an 8hp four stroke motor. I also have used it with a rigid rowing dinghy. I am very happy with the system. you do need to make sure that the installation is solid however.

I also have a Seawise Davit System AND IT'S FOR SALE. I had it on my 330 Sundancer but it won't work with my current dinghy. If you are interested PM me and I'll send the pics and specs.

Mike

Regular readers can tune out now, as they have heard me before.
Weaver and Seawise are great for lightweight dinghies.
I have a Caribe 12DL, 750# all in, Honda 40 on the transom. When I got it, the boat it came from had it on a Seawise system. The weight of the dinghy, especially the stern, was too much for the Seawise brackets. They survived, but the parts of the dinghy they were attached to did not.
In addition, you need to equip your dinghy with an AGM battery as it gets tipped on its side for storage.

Attachments

• IMG_4312.jpg
    IMG_4312.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_4316.jpg
    IMG_4316.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_4320.jpg
    IMG_4320.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 88
We have a Jatco Trillogy mount, side loading with a manual winch (in our case). Holds the dinghy upright athwartships with motor attached, etc.

You might have a look at the Jatco website, and then I can yak about it looks like an option or if you have questions.

-Chris

Back
Top Bottom