Dinghy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chrisaensing

Vessel Name
Pau Hana
Vessel Make
Camano / Troll
I am in the market for a dinghy. It would be for 2 adults and some groceries. I have a 3.5 HP Tohatsu 4 stroke I wan to use.
I had a soft bottom once & hated it.
Any suggestions on size?

When it’s that small weight is usually the biggest concern. Depending on how you keep it on the mothership. If you’ve got davits weight is not option. If you’re going to tie a line in it and pull it up on a roof .. and you’re old you’ll want very light.

What are some of your variables?

When it’s that small weight is usually the biggest concern. Depending on how you keep it on the mothership. If you’ve got davits weight is not option. If you’re going to tie a line in it and pull it up on a roof .. and you’re old you’ll want very light.

What are some of your variables?

I was going with the 3.5 because it came with the boat. I'm now discovering I may have to just sell the 3.5 & go with a larger motor so I can have a dinghy that works.
I have a large swim platform I can put davits on & I have 2 hoists on the flybridge to lift up a motor or dinghy.

I was going with the 3.5 because it came with the boat. I'm now discovering I may have to just sell the 3.5 & go with a larger motor so I can have a dinghy that works.
I have a large swim platform I can put davits on & I have 2 hoists on the flybridge to lift up a motor or dinghy.

Yeah, 3.5 is good for like an 8’ Dyers to get around an anchorage. Anything more and you need more power.

Look at Highfield. We bought a UL290 10ft. Only 86 lbs. $3700.

If you want it to plane I would guess about a 10’ and about 8hp???

Back
Top Bottom