A different idea regarding displacement hulls.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasnielsen

Vessel Name
Ray Sea Lady
Vessel Make
Sea Ray AC
Stay at home video entertainment. . .
Stumbled upon this video of a unique (to me) idea of what constitutes a displacement hull vessel for long distance travelers.

https://youtu.be/2FbGKQbWlYc

Stay at home video entertainment. . .
Stumbled upon this video of a unique (to me) idea of what constitutes a displacement hull vessel for long distance travelers.

https://youtu.be/2FbGKQbWlYc

Great story, reminds me of the Canadian guys we met years ago in the Marquesas after crossing the Pacific, they were on a 25' sailboat and went bare bones, no radar, watermaker, solar, refrigeration etc. They had 1 knife, 1 fork, and a spoon. They survived on top ramen and kraft mac and cheese dinners.
Just proof that the journey isn't made by the luxury of the boat..

HOLLYWOOD

That’s pretty cool. I’d need to add some paravanes however or I would be hurling. ?

Safe for an ocean crossing ? Probably,

Comfortable? Probably not.

pete

Comfortable is relative. That said, I want a lot more comfort than they appear to have.

I'm a sucker for unique boats...

That’s pretty cool. I’d need to add some paravanes however or I would be hurling. ��

JD Ray Comfortable is relative. That said, I want a lot more comfort than they appear to have.

Pete Meisinger Safe for an ocean crossing ? Probably,
pete

texasnielsen
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardude01 View Post
That’s pretty cool. I’d need to add some paravanes however or I would be hurling. ��
My thoughts as well. ��

They are young and doing it
not old river stumps dreaming of it

Comfort becomes more important as we age, for sure. This lifeboat conversion would seem to be a constant roll machine without flat water or stabilizers of some type.

JD RayComfortable is relative. That said, I want a lot more comfort than they appear to have.

Pete MeisingerSafe for an ocean crossing ? Probably,
pete

texasnielsen
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardude01 View Post
That’s pretty cool. I’d need to add some paravanes however or I would be hurling.
My thoughts as well.

They are young and doing it
not old river stumps dreaming of it

Did you just call me an old river stump? Just wait till I get well...

They (wisely) kept to the coast on their way north. You can see their track on their
website. I think I see exhaust at the stern from the inboard diesel.
As someone who sailed a 30 footer from L.A. to Hawaii in my 20's, it does my heart
good to see others 'going for it'. 11 meters? Luxury! :thumb:

It's funny, I saw this video a few days ago. Not sure how I ran across it, but then it doesn't matter. I enjoyed seeing the different take these two gentlemen had on their experience. It was clear to me that they took a different approach to the journey than I would have. I always appreciate different takes, it's what makes our crazy world turn. What I thought to myself was, it appeared they were enjoying not only the journey they were undertaking but also the experience of building their space. For them it works and they are seeing some amazing places.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom