Diesel Prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Any recent experience with low diesel prices in Long Island Sound? We just arrived in Port Washington NY. Thanks. Karen

I given you the link over on MTOA forum.

Thanks. In this area they just say call for prices in the guide.. I can do that but was hoping someone had been through Long Island Sound lately. Dinghyed by a marina here today and checked. $3.89/gal. Might have worked last year but not in line this year. They told us where we could go a couple of bays over where it is more reasonable but thought I'd reach out.

What's your destination and how long can you wait? According to the WWG site it's available for $3.30 at least one place on the sound. Otherwise, you'll have all the phone numbers so easy to call, but we kind of need to know what direction you are going. Further east, Norwalk Cove (nice facility by the way, good crew, high volume fuel dock and close to the Thimbles) is listed at $2.59, both as of 6/17.

Last edited:
What's your destination and how long can you wait? According to the WWG site it's available for $3.30 at least one place on the sound. Otherwise, you'll have all the phone numbers so easy to call, but we kind of need to know what direction you are going. Further east, Norwalk Cove (nice facility by the way, good crew, high volume fuel dock and close to the Thimbles) is listed at $2.59, both as of 6/17.
Thanks for the info. We are flexible and headed to Maine. We'll need fuel in about a week. I'll call around as well.

You should also get used to using WaterWayGuide as it has lots of other info. I used Active Captain and WWG for anchorages before AC when belly up. It certainly is pretty current on the marinas around here in NE Florida.

$2.19 at our local haunt. Of course I filled up at $3 in the fall so It will be a month before I need more.

If you are on your way to Maine... 1.97$ last week at Fairhaven Shipyard. And you can take a nice walk around town if you stay over.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom