Diesel Costs Inside Passage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Alaskan Sea-Duction
Vessel Make
1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
I called below fuel stops for the Inside Passage as of May 17th

Friday Hbr $5.21
Port McNeill $6.74
K-Town $5.27
Sitka $4.94
St. Helens OR $5.32

I called below fuel stops for the Inside Passage as of May 17th

Friday Hbr $5.21
Port McNeill $6.74
K-Town $5.27
Sitka $4.94
St. Helens OR $5.32

Those prices pretty much mirror what I paid at Campbell River, Prince Rupert, and Juneau

6 days ago paid $5.65 at Cap Sante Anacortes. I'm surprised Port McNeill was that low. Will probably fill up again in Ketchikan.

Predicted 35-45 tonight!

Filled my tanks this winter with 500 gallons at 2.70 gallon

Got to ask, are you quoting per gallon or per litre? May seen like a foolish question and I am assuming you are quoting per U.S. gallon but is that the case?

Last week I filled up and the cost in Gibsons, B.C was 2.34 L or 8.86 per USG / 10.26 per Imp. gal.

We are intending to travel to the Broughtons for about 4-6 weeks.

Last week I filled up and the cost in Gibsons, B.C was 2.34 L or 8.86 per USG / 10.26 per Imp. gal.

I am quoting US gallons but also US dollars. $8.86 Canadian is $6.91 US. We are happy you give us Southerners a nice discount these days.

Sitka is surprising at $4.94. That's cheaper than truck stop prices in the lower 48 these days.

Bella Bella $2.35 CAD / L + 5% GST. = $7.50 U$. that's gas, diesel is just a few pennies lower

5-23-2022 11:00am
500 Gallons (cash/check)
Ballard Oil & Fuel - $4.76 gallon (USD)
Covitch Fuel Dock - $4.67 gallon (USD)

Btw, the lowest cost fuel on the BC inside passage is by arranging to have it delivered by truck at the pier in Sointula, usually done on Thursdays. Coop fuel 250-973-6717.

Actual Purchase: 5/20/22 Ketchikan: Petro Marine No.2 Diesel. $4.97 plus 6.5 percent sales tax. Total $5.29.

Happiness is being exempt from local sales tax :)

Last edited:
Actual Purchase: 5/20/22 Ketchikan: Petro Marine No.2 Diesel. $4.97 plus 6.5 percent sales tax. Total $5.29.

Happiness is being exempt from local sales tax :)
Do tell.....

Need a form to get a card, only Alaska residents? What is the program?

Perhaps this...

Ketchikan
Any person 65 years of age or older who is eligible to receive a PFD, or would be eligible if they applied, and who has been a bona fide resident of the Ketchikan Gateway Borough for not less than 180 days, may be eligible for a sales tax exemption card. Sales tax exemption benefits for the eligible person include no sales taxes on purchases for personal use by the eligible person and/or their spouse. Exempt purchases include groceries, gasoline, utilities, residential rent, retail services and more.
A person who is eligible for an exemption card and who is physically or mentally unable to use their card can apply for an authorized person or entity to use the card on their behalf.
For more information, see http://www.borough.ketchikan.ak.us/182/Senior-Tax-Exemptions, or call the Senior Tax Exemptions Office at 907-228-6609.

(PFD=Permanent Fund Dividend)

https://www.seniorvoicealaska.com/s...or-exemptions-for-local-sales-taxes/2100.html

Perhaps this...

Ketchikan
Any person 65 years of age or older who is eligible to receive a PFD, or would be eligible if they applied, and who has been a bona fide resident of the Ketchikan Gateway Borough for not less than 180 days, may be eligible for a sales tax exemption card. Sales tax exemption benefits for the eligible person include no sales taxes on purchases for personal use by the eligible person and/or their spouse. Exempt purchases include groceries, gasoline, utilities, residential rent, retail services and more.
A person who is eligible for an exemption card and who is physically or mentally unable to use their card can apply for an authorized person or entity to use the card on their behalf.
For more information, see http://www.borough.ketchikan.ak.us/182/Senior-Tax-Exemptions, or call the Senior Tax Exemptions Office at 907-228-6609.

(PFD=Permanent Fund Dividend)

https://www.seniorvoicealaska.com/s...or-exemptions-for-local-sales-taxes/2100.html
Thanks. This may help next year.

Back
Top Bottom