Old 05-27-2017, 01:13 PM   #1

City: Pensacola
Vessel Name: CLASSEA
Vessel Model: 1988 Defever 41
Delivery Options!?!

We are finally owners of a Defever 41T, the challenge now is getting it from Miami to Orange Beach, AL. Prefer to transport it back but having a difficult time getting a commitment from cradle companies, as it will be an oversized load and all the permitting involved with the delivery. Now making preparations to bring her home on her bottom. Does anyone have any experience with delivery captains and can steer me in the right direction. We are unable to break away from work to make the entire trip ourselves. Thanks and hope to meet the trawler community at cruise speed!
JimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 01:31 PM   #2

City: Camarillo
Post delivery

There are a lot of delivery captains in the Florida area & that trip your talking about is a fairly easy one as you have ports of refuge along the way.
Many delivery captains charge by the mile & others by the day or a combination of the two - plus expenses.
You will have the captains daily rate plus he will need a mate who is usually at a reduced daily rate as well.
I am sure some one here on TF will be able to pitch in & give a recommendation of some one reliable.

Good luck with your new baby.

Alfa Mike
alfamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 09:46 PM   #3

City: Mary Esther, FL
Vessel Name: Southern C's
Vessel Model: Cabo 31 Express
Did you get this set up? Should be an easy trip for most. Can you make any part of the trip? Maybe hire a Capt for part of the trip. I'd offer but way too busy this time of the year. Most I know charge a day rate and discounted rate for weather days. With that you get routine/end of day updates and hourly logs are kept plus it gets cleaned at delivery.
BlindHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 07:41 PM   #4

City: Miami, FL
Vessel Name: Mermaid Life
Vessel Model: Mainship 400
I would recommend Randy Register. I've known him for about 10 years and he's done a lot of deliveries out of Florida to various places, including across the Gulf of Mexico and up the TN River. He's in Tennessee, but he often travels to Florida for deliveries. He can single hand that boat with ease, including through the locks of the Okeechobee. He singled handed his 58' Hatteras on one engine from the Tampa area up to his home in TN. He can fix stuff, too. If you want his contact, please PM me and I'll give you his phone number. He's one of the very few I trust.
Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote