Delirium Tremens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We're currently poking our way around the ny canals for this week. Close to home and lots of choices of where to stay, etc. And no need to really interact with anyone unless we want to.

This year definitely had an impact on boating and plans, but there's still plenty to do even if it's not the stuff we would have otherwise planned.

According to my log I've had 58 nights at anchor so far this year. Less than I wanted, but not too bad.

When I had the GB42 sitting out back with a clean bottom and new fuel filters I would get a bit itchy in the feet. Why all that work on the boat and us not going anywhere was usually due to "first world" problems. When I finally realized I just really did not want to spend a big amount of time chugging around at 8 knots and "working on my boat in exotic places," I sold the boat. If I had it now, I could see myself thinking where can we go and get off the boat and enjoy ourselves at each stop without some CV19 related issue rearing its ugly head? The smaller boat now hanging out back and NOT collecting marine growth, but still with clean fuel filters, actually relieves some of that "I got to use the boat" stress. It could hang there for months and be just as ready to go as it was from the first day of the hang time - it sees a lot of me when in the lift. THE hurricane has occupied a LOT of our time and resources for 23 months, but now that we are done with that, heart attack summer weather is here, and I am not too interested in sitting trapped in our air conditioned small downeast cabin just to "be on the boat" for a night or two. I can handle zipping out to the barrier island for the day and jumping in the waist deep water I can anchor in and enjoying the "scene," but I need to be home sleeping in my cool bead rather than listening to the generator running the AC all night when it is "feels like" 105 outside. We'll get out and spend nights on the boat when fall and winter and spring boating season arrives here, maybe following my brother's GB42 around, at which point we may still need the AC at times, but one can at least emerge from the cabin without soaking the clothing in sweat. So covid is not having much impact on our boating due to the fact we don't do much this time of year.

RGano, Right on about the heat and humidity here in the Panama City area. Every day I look out at the boat and then look at the thermometer...and..."not today". I bought some new fishing gear that I am impatiently waiting to try out to see if I can catch bigger dolphin (fish) also called mahi-mahi. I often have caught lots of small "schoolie" dolphins, but no big ones. Boating and fishing has to be fun or it has no attraction. Temps of 88-96 degrees and high humidity are no fun. I have to be careful as I had heat stroke while on a trip to the Dry Tortugas in 1995. That still really affects me now.

Yeah, Wayne, and why is it that the only good fishing here is in the dead of summer?

Back
Top Bottom