Defever Cockpit Motoryacht, thoughts...good or bad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roguewave

Guru
Vessel Name
bout’ time
Vessel Make
Grady White 282 Sailfish
I have a close friend looking at one of these boats, a 50 footer. Does anyone have any thoughts on this boat? Good,bad or indifferent? There was just not many of theses made and it seems like there are quite a few for sale. Just wondering if there was a reason. I'm helping with the homework and I know y'all will have an opinion :socool:
Thanks!
One more question, would you consider the boat a bit much for 2 people to handle?

Same year, same boat but not the one he's looking at.

2010 Defever 50 Cockpit Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

Last edited:
One more question, would you consider the boat a bit much for 2 people to handle?

No opinion on the boat but that's a bit of a loaded question IMO. There's a couple in Canada with a new Nordhavn 120 who handle it just fine without crew. To me it's the kind of question that if you have to ask, the answer is likely yes it is too much boat without serious training.

Had a story relayed to me this weekend of a gentleman that recently sold his primo condition 40+ foot boat to a complete newbie. Word on the river is the mechanic feels sorry for the boat. An uneducated/unprepared owner can kill a perfectly good boat in a hurry.

But its a great boat.

Great boat. Two people no problem if they are competent.

Talk about a rare boat. You know how many 50' boats of any make were built in 2010, much less one of these designs? "Not many" is the answer. Likely custom ordered. It must be an excellent cruising boat if her owners managed to put 2005 hours on it in just 4 years. If I hadn't seen this listing with my own eyes, I wouldn't had believed it- sorta like that rabbit chasing a snake video on Facebook.

Last edited:
I don't think everyone will agree that the Defever's are great boats. That same style has been around for many years. If the one you are looking at is as well equipped as the one shown on yacht world, it will be very easy for a couple to handle. Like some one else said, just depends on how experienced they are.

Looks like a real honey, can't say I've really heard anything bad when it comes to Defevers. As far as operating a 50' boat, can't image it being much different from a 43', if they are agile healthy people is would be fine.

Our friends owned a Defever 44 some 20 something years ago, they were just wondering about the bigger boat.
Thank you for the replies

Back
Top Bottom