Deck Shoes - Sperry Sux

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You'll be the envy of your dock mates.

These are "Reef" sandals. The cashier turned the shoes over at the checkout counter and pointed out the beer bottle opener on the bottom.
How courageous to be buying dock shoes, don`t leave them on the dock, or....

Greetings,
Keep a careful eye on that footwear both for errant wanderings and for the bottle opener. The Admiral has a pair and as the sole wore the metal opener came in contact with the deck. I had to do a bit of constructive tuning with my BFH to massage the metal below flush with the sole.

Proper fitting sandals (on calm waters) have never failed to prevent a fall on slippery decks. Although that is not to say that a pair of Keens are not desirable. I've got a pair of K2s that I have typically used only when kayaking and fishing. May need to give them some more thought to general versus specialized wear...
View attachment 64759

Agreed,
I should have mention any sandal without a heal strap. The one you pictured looked pretty good.

These are "Reef" sandals. The cashier turned the shoes over at the checkout counter and pointed out the beer bottle opener on the bottom.

Right, because what else would you want to open your beer with than something that has stepped in bird crap on the dock, walked around in the marina bathroom, or took the dog for a walk to the favorite poop field.

:eek::eek: :ermm::ermm:

Yea... ummm no. I will find a hat with an opener if it's all the same to you. :)

I like these, the heel folds down if ya feel like be lazy. My wife bought me a few different colors for fashion sense :rolleyes: they work for boat life :socool:

OLUKAI MENS NOHEA MESH SLIP-ON
$84.95

BTW, been wearing sperrys since 1982

IMG_1275.png

Last edited:
Greetings,
Keep a careful eye on that footwear both for errant wanderings and for the bottle opener. The Admiral has a pair and as the sole wore the metal opener came in contact with the deck. I had to do a bit of constructive tuning with my BFH to massage the metal below flush with the sole.

A wife who wear sandals with an integrated opener = priceless :thumb:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom