Dead rise of Marine Trader 34DC 1973

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ralphieboy

Hi;
Plan to install thru hull transducer on 73 34dc Marine Trader. The tilted element type transducer comes in two types 12 and 20 degrees depending on the dead rise of the hull.
I wish to place the transducer before the keel becomes prominent, probably somewhere near the helm.
Does anyone know what the dead rise is or how I and find it out?
Also, would a transom transducer work without prop interference and avoid using a thru hull transducer

Hi;
Plan to install thru hull transducer on 73 34dc Marine Trader. The tilted element type transducer comes in two types 12 and 20 degrees depending on the dead rise of the hull.
I wish to place the transducer before the keel becomes prominent, probably somewhere near the helm.
Does anyone know what the dead rise is or how I and find it out?
Also, would a transom transducer work without prop interference and avoid using a thru hull transducer

First a transom mounted transducer is not the most desirable. It would be hard to locate in undisturbed water.

You should be able to measure the angle of the deadrise from inside the hull. A level and a protractor will work. The dead rise changes from bow to stern, so figure where you want it. You can get transducers that will accomodate up to about 16 degress of dead rise. Putting it as far forward as you can will give you a little quicker reading of shoaling water.

Most Marine Traders I've seen already have an old transducer just before the helm position under that small hatch under the forward stairway. That's a good place for it. You can use the old fairing block as a template and the hole is already there. The hatch makes it easy to pull the speed wheel when in the water.

Back
Top Bottom