Damage repair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And what were you planning on using it for? Might be suitable for some uses, as an emergency, get home kind of solution, but "temporary" repairs sometimes have a tendency to become more, say we say, longer term solutions! A friend who used it can attest to the strength of the adhesive . . . . but after using it, really disagrees with the "under pressure" claim. For info, he used it as a temp repair for fresh water system . . . .probably 25 psi, he can attest to the fact that it did indeed . . .wait for it . . . .SLOW DOWN THE LEAK . . . . YMMV

Bought some elastic tape at the Annapolis boat show one year. Guy had a little booth set up and demonstrating it. Anyway figured what the heck. Threw it in the parts locker. The next year a cast iron elbow in the wet exhaust started leaking. No real pressure and not much heat but the water was pouring into the boat. Damn stuff worked !! You had to pull and stretch it as you wrapped the pipe. It stuck to itself. Only a temp fix until I could get a stainless elbow but it saved that day. No idea what the brand was.

Wasn`t this stuff called Rescue Tape,or something similar?

Rescue Tape is amazing stuff. I am sure that is what he is referring to. The only problem is that it only sticks to itself and in some applications it physically won’t work. But I have it in my tool box and love it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom