Custom Helm Chair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

N43 Genesis

Vessel Name
Genesis
Vessel Make
Nordhavn 43
I am looking to get a custom helm chair made. Anybody know of any good companies? I have a stidd helm chair now, but it takes up too much room, I want more of a bar stool set up.

I have a leaning post on my Blackfin that I like very much. It is very comfortable to stand up while leaning back against or ever sitting atop of it. You could probably have one made to any length.

a-2009.jpg

Here is a more narrow one. Most any marine upholstery shop can make a snap on cushion for it.

CM_3926.jpg

Last edited:
I have a leaning post on my Blackfin that I like very much.

I use mine as a leaning post also. Replaced a big, clunky, uncomfortable Todd with this off the shelf Attwood. Comfy, compact and doubles as a cocktail table...:D
Probably not Shippy enough for most, but is is compact and comfortable and works on my smallish boat. I don't spend much time driving from this station anyway..

IMG_0175-vi.jpg

IMG_0177-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Here's another version of a leaning post that takes very little space. It also has both a foot rest bar and a seat back when sitting atop.

392887d1390947751-do-i-really-need-leaning-post-boat-furnitures-leaning-posts-30567-3186801.jpg

I use mine as a leaning post also. Replaced a big, clunky, uncomfortable Todd with this off the shelf Attwood. Comfy, compact and doubles as a cocktail table...:D
Probably not Shippy enough for most, but is is compact and comfortable and works on my smallish boat. I don't spend much time driving from this station anyway..

I really like that, where did you get it?

Release marine makes top quality helm chairs, I installed this one in my trawler a few years back

Custom helm chair

Let's try this again here is the helm chair from release marine I installed 2 years ago.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 149
Appropriate choice for that classy vessel.

Very nice....Somehow I doubt that was $200 on Amazon...... ;-)

Hopcar
Yes, just a round seat with no back or arms. I might be tempted to go for a back, but I want something that does not take up much room and I can slide on and off easily.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I like the leaning posts too.

James
N43 Genesis

I have thought the fold up bolster type would be nice to give room to stand up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom