Custom embroidered trawler crew shirts ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TJM

Vessel Name
Harmony
Vessel Make
1982 41' President
Looking for a mfg'r of custom embroidered shirts for my family - crew.
Maybe a picture of the boat or a standard Trawler profile with our names on them. I know I have seen them at Boat shows but I lost the contact info.
Thanks

Santa

Sorry I can't help...probably because in my experience, shirts of this type scream newbie or wannabe.

I would guess there are local shops wherever you are that do sports stuff and will be way cheaper than any marine source.

Good luck if you really want to do it.

Well, newbie or wannabe or not, we do lots of boat logo stuff. The kids especially get a kick out of it. We also have a rule that only extended family and friends who have actually set foot on the boat are gifted any logo items. Makes for a lot of fun and jokes. Relatives violate the rule and let "unauthorized" people who have never been on the boat wear our logo and send us photos of the violations and everybody has a good laugh. Bootleg merchandise! Rule violation!

Anyway, when we first bought the boat in 2015 we ordered a lot from Logo-Up. Based in Florida, big online presence, they did pretty good work and their service was good too. Apparel, towels, blankets, duffel bags, you name it. They even shipped a box to a marina in route once so we could have it for the inaugural trip. I don't mean to bash Logo-Up but since then, in our experience at least, their service and quality has deteriorated badly. The last order we did about six months ago was never completed and the partial order took well over a couple months to arrive and was very cheap quality. They also never answered our emails, a partial order just arrived and we never did get the rest. They did adjust the charge on our credit card though. They also only embroider items they sell, so if we found something elsewhere and we wanted to get the logo applied, even when we offered to pay extra and all shipping charges both ways -- they refused to do it. As a result we now use a local place who (re)did the initial setup on our logo and they'll embroider any item we want, sold by them or not.

In other words I don't have a good national source to suggest, but in our experience anyway Logo-Up has been sadly disappointing lately.

Attachments

• XANADU sweatshirt a.jpg
    XANADU sweatshirt a.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 48
Apparently lots of companies are suspect in this field. We ordered T shirts from a company at the Annapolis Power Boat Show. They were good so we ordered some jackets and more T shirts. After many calls we finally got the jackets but never got the shirts. Countless calls, spoke to owner, they would ship next day, next week, next lifetime apparently…. Don’t remember the name of that company, but I would also like to find a good company. And BTW, I am not a newbie to boating.

We have boat t-shirts. Women going topless get one.

Have a lot left....

Local trophy shops or ad specialty shops can do this for you.

The computerized embroidery machines are a dime a dozen and have impressive capabilities.

Sorry I can't help...probably because in my experience, shirts of this type scream newbie or wannabe.

Not sure if you mean embroidered shirts in particular or custom boat shirts in general. Large crewed yachts almost always have custom boat shirts as do many or most high-end sportfishers. If done well, I don’t think they scream newbie in the least.

We don’t personally have custom boat shirts or gear for our boat but I’m not opposed. I would probably order a few if I found a source that could reliably turn out a high-quality product. I might be a lot of things but neither newbie or wannabe are on that list.

I'm thinking now, we've done baseball caps, T-shirts, fleece blankets, beach towels, kitchen (galley) towels, hoodies, jackets, duffel bags. Stuff we would actually wear or use on the boat. Hunter green or at least partially green to match the boat's canvas and color theme. I'd really like to do coffee mugs but haven't found a vendor that will do small quantities for a decent price (we don't need 144 coffee mugs...). Embroidery on fabric items is relatively easy, promotional products like mugs are a different story.

Not sure if you mean embroidered shirts in particular or custom boat shirts in general. Large crewed yachts almost always have custom boat shirts as do many or most high-end sportfishers. If done well, I don’t think they scream newbie in the least.

We don’t personally have custom boat shirts or gear for our boat but I’m not opposed. I would probably order a few if I found a source that could reliably turn out a high-quality product. I might be a lot of things but neither newbie or wannabe are on that list.

I echo your comments. I would like good quality nicely done items with our boat name and graphic on it.

I echo the thought to look locally. Uniform supply shops can often do custom embroidery based on a computer graphic file. I used one local to me to do hats and work vests for our ranch hands. I bought the hats from them but brought them the vests and a couple jackets purchased elsewhere. Perhaps look for one specializing in law enforcement and firefighter supply - they are almost certain to have an industrial embroidery machine.

Last edited:
I know people who have been boaters for four decades and brand new boaters that get logo wear featuring their boat name. When done well it always looks pretty neat.

We got shirts embroidered at Abu Tig Marina on the Red Sea coast of Egypt. I can recommend them if you are passing by.
Lots of long term cruisers got extras made as gifts for people who helped them out in some way on their travels.

I used a guy named Mark Spector out of LA. MJS World Co on Amazon. I sent him a picture of my boat. He did an outline drawing and I could pick the shirt I wanted and quantity on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Harbor-Class...7,B087Q6B7HP,B07S8C84P6,B07MFBQHDK,B07B6NPKRY

We did a few T-shirts and what not. He sent me a pic of the finished product, I changed a few things. Cost was minimal and no min buying. These are not embordered. But I hear he is starting to do custom Embroidery now days.
Super nice guy, lives on a blow boat.
Most of the boat shows always have a booth with some one doing gunnels/floor mats, and shirts.

Contact Mark at
mspector54@gmail.com
MainSailGear.com

Last edited:
We used a local shop. Brought them some Helly Hanson vests and they stitched the boat name and a compass rose. Think it cost $20 each maybe less. My daughter also did a drawing of the boat and had is screened on a sweatshirt.

My coveralls, from KMS tools used rack have a nicely embroidered name on the breast. One set calls me "BOB" the other "KEN". priced by the letter?

My coveralls, from KMS tools used rack have a nicely embroidered name on the breast. One set calls me "BOB" the other "KEN". priced by the letter?

What an honor to be a Bob for a day!

Great success with the below company

I usually allow comments like the first reply in this thread pass by but for some reason I can’t here. We are all welcome to our opinions however I suspect the general consensus is this was over the line. It’s their boat their money their family to do with what they want. There are numerous choices out there and that would only be the case if this is a big business.
I’m on my 16th boat so not a newbie. Also not a wannabe. That spans over 40 years. Only in the last few with the ease of ordering and designing such things online and admittedly a little more discretionary income I’ve come to enjoy it.

The best company I’ve used and continue to use is logosportswear.com. I find their website a little cumbersome but work through it, and if you need help I’ve always experienced them quickly answering the phone, in an accent I can understand, and patiently willing to help.

Ordered a few things for family Christmas gifts. After all this bragging on them watch everything be all screwed up!?

Embroidered Crew Swag

My wife and I own and operate a embroidery/screen printing shop in Grosse Pointe Michigan. We run hundreds of garments for boat crews both sail and power boaters. We pride ourselves in matching our embroidery with what's on the transom of our customers boats. Doing boat logo's is what got me started in this business 15 years ago. Regardless of what ol' psneeld thinks the majority of my "boat" customers are not new to boating, they are just proud of their vessels, including several USCG crews.

I don't think I am allowed to post my contact info on the forum but I do believe I am allowed to suggest you send me a private message if you like.

-Sandy

Sandys SUNSHINE (1).JPG

Sunshine Boat logo (2).JPG

For my business, I have given custom clothing items to staff over the years. Everything from fleece vests to caps. I have jackets, shirts, coats, etc... that I wear with my business logo.

I've found that for price vs quality, Land's End Business has been fantastic. If you want quality clothing items with custom embroidery, they make it easy.

I'm thinking now, we've done baseball caps, T-shirts, fleece blankets, beach towels, kitchen (galley) towels, hoodies, jackets, duffel bags. Stuff we would actually wear or use on the boat. Hunter green or at least partially green to match the boat's canvas and color theme. I'd really like to do coffee mugs but haven't found a vendor that will do small quantities for a decent price (we don't need 144 coffee mugs...). Embroidery on fabric items is relatively easy, promotional products like mugs are a different story.
Several sources out there for custom mugs... even VistaPrint does them.
Here's another but simple search turns up more.
https://www.zazzle.com/c/mugs?rf=23...CXcwe8zsNpJZ-3lKQUGImpTnrJ_PFvyIaAu--EALw_wcB

Howdy!

I make our own and customize them!!??

queensboro.com does all our custom stuff.

Don't help

I would guess there are local shops wherever you are that do sports stuff and will be way cheaper than any marine source.

Good luck if you really want to do it.

If you can't help, there is no need to respond - screams like something a newbie or wannabe might do...

We have used queensboro.com located in NC for hats, various styles of shirts and towels. They primarily cater to corporate but their embroidery workmanship is beautiful on everything and prices are very reasonable.

Psnee

That was not very nice of you The guy is proud of his boat and is just wanting to tell folks how much he loves his body and family

We were very satisfied with:

Queensboro.com

Now your talking !!!

The guy is proud of his boat

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom