Crusty and Admiral Are Famous!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Tom, the admiral is bouncing all over the place. And we have allready got several emails from others that want to make the same trip.
I can see a few cocktails this evening.

Wow Are you offering signed edition for TF members ? :)

L

Well Lou it would appear TF is famous too as it too is mentioned in the write-up...

Thanks Tom, the admiral is bouncing all over the place. And we have allready got several emails from others that want to make the same trip.
I can see a few cocktails this evening.

Knowing the Admiral, I hope you have bubble wrap for wall paper!!!:thumb::angel:

Crusty, are you going to cancel the trip South and lead an expedition to Alaska again? If so then we're in.

Crusty, I love having celebrity friends! Good on Tracey for getting it published!

Crusty, are you going to cancel the trip South and lead an expedition to Alaska again? If so then we're in.

Yep cancel the trip south. You still have your winter coat and rain gear?

Greetings,
Congrats although when I saw the title of the thread I thought it would contain wanted posters and APB's...

Mr. RT, have you and Ketchikan Al been communicating with each other? Wanted posters and APB’s is a favorite of his.

I have tasked ASD to take that responsibility. It will keep Tom busy cuz he wont have to keep me in line.

Cool!

If you come back up this way, your stay will be less bouncy...the new breakwater hasn’t broken yet and survived its first big storm a couple days ago.

Hug a palm tree for me when you go south :thumb:

Wifey B: Loved the article and the personal history you shared. Great interview. Too bad it wasn't People Magazine as they would have gotten the story of how this couple made for each other met and found each other. One thing I see is how happy you are and you spread that happiness and share it with so many others. :D

Mr. RT, have you and Ketchikan Al been communicating with each other? Wanted posters and APB’s is a favorite of his.

Harummmph!!:banghead: I resemble that remark!! See, it escaped me, here I was giving the Captain credit for the tale and now the truth comes out, tiss the lady of the boat. Another clue was the correct language, and the lack of 'Alaska Amber' as an embellishment were the Master writing the tabloid:socool:

As I mentioned in a response to a 'Puffed Up" Tom of ASD fame, tis a sad bit of reality that John and Tracy are bent on their dreams of adventure South. Fair winds and flat seas to that departure. :flowers:

We truly enjoyed all the antics, laughs, and good spirits (Of the mind Ken (Hat Trick), of the mind, not the 'Amber') while we shared the commons of Bar Harbor North and South during your voyage.:rofl::whistling:

Al-Ketchikan:thumb:

Congrats folks, very nice article!

Side note, on the cover picture, I think if I see or get another ad for the Grand Banks 60 Skylounge I'm going to scream. They think I have RTF's money or something???

200w.gif

Tom and Tracy, nice article and great photos. It was a real treat meeting all of you this summer as you passed through the Tri Cities and then again in Portland after you returned there.

True boaters like the four of you make boating a real treat.

Harummmph!!:banghead: I resemble that remark!! See, it escaped me, here I was giving the Captain credit for the tale and now the truth comes out, tiss the lady of the boat. Another clue was the correct language, and the lack of 'Alaska Amber' as an embellishment were the Master writing the tabloid:socool:

As I mentioned in a response to a 'Puffed Up" Tom of ASD fame, tis a sad bit of reality that John and Tracy are bent on their dreams of adventure South. Fair winds and flat seas to that departure. :flowers:

We truly enjoyed all the antics, laughs, and good spirits (Of the mind Ken (Hat Trick), of the mind, not the 'Amber') while we shared the commons of Bar Harbor North and South during your voyage.:rofl::whistling:

Al-Ketchikan:thumb:

Sir Al!

Rest assured my friend, no matter where we travel to, you sir and your better half have left a mark in our hearts.
During our travels we have met so many fine people, and this forum has assisted us in so many ways. Your stories are those that not only warm the heart, but give credence to what we should all strive for in this short lived life we hold so dear.
To those that travel north as we did, my wish is that you are able to meet this fine gentleman if only for a few minutes. He and his wife will leave you with a memory to pass on to your kin of how a good life should be.
The flowers you gave to Tracey and Kay will be cherished as a token from a great friend. And the AA you presented to Tom and I on our first visit with you have caused us to toast to you every time we crack one open, no matter where we are.

Thanks again my friend, to you and Carol, a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Cheers,

Congrats folks, very nice article!

Side note, on the cover picture, I think if I see or get another ad for the Grand Banks 60 Skylounge I'm going to scream. They think I have RTF's money or something???

Are you implying that Sir RT is full of bull? I find that almost preposterous.

Cheers

Cool!

Hug a palm tree for me when you go south :thumb:

Murray,

The Admiral has put that requirement on the “Bucket List” and we intend to post a pic to prove it!

Cheers my friend!

Tom and Tracy, nice article and great photos. It was a real treat meeting all of you this summer as you passed through the Tri Cities and then again in Portland after you returned there.

True boaters like the four of you make boating a real treat.

Thanks Mike and Tina,

I have tasked the ASD crew to hook up with you guys, hopefully next year, somewhere up in BC. Safe travels my friend.

Cheers!

First and most important, congrats on the article. Looks like a great cruise.

Now, at the risk of total derailment, I want to ask people's opinion of something, because I admit that I didn't read the article.

When I follow the link to Sea Magazine, it brings up the magazine on a special "viewer". This is common for magazines, and some companies use them to view their catalogs or other documents, rather than providing a downloadable PDF.

I find these magazine viewers completely unusable. I can't read a darn thing because they are too small, and if I zoom in then panning is a total nuisance because you can't really tell where you are, and get lost each time you change pages, etc. To me, it ensures I won't read something. When I encounter then, I check to see if the doc can be downloaded as a PDF, and do that if available. Almost universally, I can read a PDF zoomed to fit the page width, and easily scroll through the document.

It is just me, or do these viewer ensure other's don't read the material too?

First and most important, congrats on the article. Looks like a great cruise.

Now, at the risk of total derailment, I want to ask people's opinion of something, because I admit that I didn't read the article.

When I follow the link to Sea Magazine, it brings up the magazine on a special "viewer". This is common for magazines, and some companies use them to view their catalogs or other documents, rather than providing a downloadable PDF.

I find these magazine viewers completely unusable. I can't read a darn thing because they are too small, and if I zoom in then panning is a total nuisance because you can't really tell where you are, and get lost each time you change pages, etc. To me, it ensures I won't read something. When I encounter then, I check to see if the doc can be downloaded as a PDF, and do that if available. Almost universally, I can read a PDF zoomed to fit the page width, and easily scroll through the document.

It is just me, or do these viewer ensure other's don't read the material too?

WHAT. HE. SAID. I feel your pain. Pretty much unreadable without a great deal of effort. Thought it was just me and my trusty laptop.

Agreed!
Not sure how anyone could read them, let alone navigate through a digital copy.
Maybe were getting too old and set in our ways.
Naw..........

I agree with the problem being brought up. I read it on a 32" screen and still had to zoom. One thing I find helps a little is to increase my screen resolution before using the zoom by using the + key. Even that has limits though, but that allows me not to have to use the zoom key. What is annoying to me about the zoom is that it has to be used on each page, doesn't carry over.

I get digital copies of newspapers and don't use those at all, but instead just go to the web site and read from there. Frankly, digital copies are a bit of a lazy approach instead of also having the information on the web in regular web pages. If digital copies are being used then they should definitely be in a downloadable and easily read format.

Does anyone here subscribe to Kindle versions of magazines? I find them not at all friendly as well on phone or tablet and only being readable on a large screen.

Sir Al!

Rest assured my friend, no matter where we travel to, you sir and your better half have left a mark in our hearts.
During our travels we have met so many fine people, and this forum has assisted us in so many ways. Your stories are those that not only warm the heart, but give credence to what we should all strive for in this short lived life we hold so dear.
To those that travel north as we did, my wish is that you are able to meet this fine gentleman if only for a few minutes. He and his wife will leave you with a memory to pass on to your kin of how a good life should be.
The flowers you gave to Tracey and Kay will be cherished as a token from a great friend. And the AA you presented to Tom and I on our first visit with you have caused us to toast to you every time we crack one open, no matter where we are.

Thanks again my friend, to you and Carol, a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Cheers,

Can't say anything better than Crusty's post. Merry Christmas my friend.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom