Old 12-17-2018, 01:40 AM   #21
Guru

City: Las Vegas/West Coast
Vessel Name: Pairadice
Vessel Model: Selene 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstbase View Post
Congrats folks, very nice article!

Side note, on the cover picture, I think if I see or get another ad for the Grand Banks 60 Skylounge I'm going to scream. They think I have RTF's money or something???
Are you implying that Sir RT is full of bull? I find that almost preposterous.

Cheers

Crusty Chief is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 01:42 AM   #22
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayM View Post
Cool!

Hug a palm tree for me when you go south
Murray,

The Admiral has put that requirement on the “Bucket List” and we intend to post a pic to prove it!

Cheers my friend!

Old 12-17-2018, 01:45 AM   #23
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFC View Post
Tom and Tracy, nice article and great photos. It was a real treat meeting all of you this summer as you passed through the Tri Cities and then again in Portland after you returned there.

True boaters like the four of you make boating a real treat.
Thanks Mike and Tina,

I have tasked the ASD crew to hook up with you guys, hopefully next year, somewhere up in BC. Safe travels my friend.

Cheers!
Old 12-17-2018, 08:37 AM   #24
Guru

City: Gloucester, MA
First and most important, congrats on the article. Looks like a great cruise.

Now, at the risk of total derailment, I want to ask people's opinion of something, because I admit that I didn't read the article.

When I follow the link to Sea Magazine, it brings up the magazine on a special "viewer". This is common for magazines, and some companies use them to view their catalogs or other documents, rather than providing a downloadable PDF.

I find these magazine viewers completely unusable. I can't read a darn thing because they are too small, and if I zoom in then panning is a total nuisance because you can't really tell where you are, and get lost each time you change pages, etc. To me, it ensures I won't read something. When I encounter then, I check to see if the doc can be downloaded as a PDF, and do that if available. Almost universally, I can read a PDF zoomed to fit the page width, and easily scroll through the document.

It is just me, or do these viewer ensure other's don't read the material too?
Old 12-17-2018, 08:42 AM   #25
Guru

City: Jupiter, Florida
Vessel Name: Black Eyed Susan
Vessel Model: Grand Banks 42' Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedtree View Post
First and most important, congrats on the article. Looks like a great cruise.

Now, at the risk of total derailment, I want to ask people's opinion of something, because I admit that I didn't read the article.

When I follow the link to Sea Magazine, it brings up the magazine on a special "viewer". This is common for magazines, and some companies use them to view their catalogs or other documents, rather than providing a downloadable PDF.

I find these magazine viewers completely unusable. I can't read a darn thing because they are too small, and if I zoom in then panning is a total nuisance because you can't really tell where you are, and get lost each time you change pages, etc. To me, it ensures I won't read something. When I encounter then, I check to see if the doc can be downloaded as a PDF, and do that if available. Almost universally, I can read a PDF zoomed to fit the page width, and easily scroll through the document.

It is just me, or do these viewer ensure other's don't read the material too?

WHAT. HE. SAID. I feel your pain. Pretty much unreadable without a great deal of effort. Thought it was just me and my trusty laptop.
firstbase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 10:33 AM   #26
Guru

Agreed!
Not sure how anyone could read them, let alone navigate through a digital copy.
Maybe were getting too old and set in our ways.
Naw..........
Old 12-17-2018, 11:30 AM   #27
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale
I agree with the problem being brought up. I read it on a 32" screen and still had to zoom. One thing I find helps a little is to increase my screen resolution before using the zoom by using the + key. Even that has limits though, but that allows me not to have to use the zoom key. What is annoying to me about the zoom is that it has to be used on each page, doesn't carry over.

I get digital copies of newspapers and don't use those at all, but instead just go to the web site and read from there. Frankly, digital copies are a bit of a lazy approach instead of also having the information on the web in regular web pages. If digital copies are being used then they should definitely be in a downloadable and easily read format.

Does anyone here subscribe to Kindle versions of magazines? I find them not at all friendly as well on phone or tablet and only being readable on a large screen.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 12:30 PM   #28
Guru

City: Inside Passage Summer/Columbia River Winter
Vessel Name: Alaskan Sea-Duction
Vessel Model: 1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusty Chief View Post
Sir Al!

Rest assured my friend, no matter where we travel to, you sir and your better half have left a mark in our hearts.
During our travels we have met so many fine people, and this forum has assisted us in so many ways. Your stories are those that not only warm the heart, but give credence to what we should all strive for in this short lived life we hold so dear.
To those that travel north as we did, my wish is that you are able to meet this fine gentleman if only for a few minutes. He and his wife will leave you with a memory to pass on to your kin of how a good life should be.
The flowers you gave to Tracey and Kay will be cherished as a token from a great friend. And the AA you presented to Tom and I on our first visit with you have caused us to toast to you every time we crack one open, no matter where we are.

Thanks again my friend, to you and Carol, a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Cheers,
Can't say anything better than Crusty's post. Merry Christmas my friend.

Alaskan Sea-Duction is online now   Reply With Quote