Cruising Costs for a a 42 foot Kadey Krogen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wxx3

Dauntless Award
Vessel Name
Dauntless
Vessel Make
Kadey Krogen 42 - 148
Having some time on my hands for another couple of weeks, I thought I would share with everyone what the Cruising Costs have been for Dauntless, a 42 foot Kadey Krogen Motor yacht.

I’ve broken out the numbers, so for instance, if you only go to a marina 10% of the time, you can adjust the numbers accordingly.

2015 - Ireland, Scotland, English Channel, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Poland, Latvia, Estonia, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Scotland, Ireland.

2016 - Ireland, Scotland, Ireland, France, Spain, Portugal, Spain.

If you have any specific questions, I will be glad to answer them, but please email me vice PM.

The number don’t add up to 100% because there are some personal travel expenses, which I track but are not pertinent to the story.

Also, the significant difference is that in 2016 I was able to buy 900 gallons of fuel in Ireland for very reasonable prices (far less than UK “red” diesel).

In 2015 because Dauntless range under such conditions, I had to refuel with very expensive fuel in Finland, Sweden and Norway, arriving back in Ireland with almost empty tanks.

Marina costs were significantly higher in 2016 because Portugal, southern Spain, Atlantic France are significantly more expensive than many Baltic and North Sea marinas.

Food costs are pretty much for a couple.

In the next weeks, I will update the latter half of 2016, the trip from Rota Spain to Gibraltar, Morocco, the Canaries and Martinique.

2017 update will be from Martinique to Panama Canal, Costa Rica and up to Mexico for the winter.

See my blog DauntlessAtSea.com for those updates

Attachments

• 2016 9 months exp.jpg
    2016 9 months exp.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 208
  • 2015 Exp.jpg
    2015 Exp.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 161

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom