Crossing U.S. and Canadian Border PNW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Where’s Alaska Sea Duction ? We met up in Reid Harbor Stewart Island but I don’t see any new posts and he just left yesterday for Alaska. Anyone know why he’s not posting ? ? ?

ASD might be in jail. He is something of a pirate! :D

Crusty said ASD's in TF jail, don't know why. Too bad because I wanted to thank him for helping my friends bring their new to them Ocean Alexander across the Columbia bar and up the coast to Puget Sound.

Maybe something to do with a Area WG trespass?

Crusty has it right. ASD is in TF jail until end of May. Rumor has it he is in Canada.

Crusty has it right. ASD is in TF jail until end of May. Rumor has it he is in Canada.

Not a rumor, he has been making good time on their travels, right now they are just south of Campbell river.........:thumb:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 2.18.40 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 2.18.40 PM.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 30
All you people coming north please bring some sun and light winds. We are experiencing a reversal of global warming. The trees are just putting out leaves, the dog was playing in snow at tidewater north of Juneau, and fresh snow on the peaks around Haines and Skagway. The Espar is getting a workout.

Tom

ASD is now anchored just outside of Campbell River across the way behind Gowlland Island. Just saw this on Marine Traffic. No I am not ASD nor related.

ASD is now anchored just outside of Campbell River across the way behind Gowlland Island. Just saw this on Marine Traffic. No I am not ASD nor related.

Is that where the Quadra island ferry is? We tied up to the government dock next to the ferry ramp years ago. Secure but lots of noise.

Steve is correct. It is north of the ferry terminal by a ways (different bay even).

And who are you to make such a curious post as your first and only post so far? Related? Friend? Companion? ASD?

I have known ASD forever and his beautiful wife for about 15 years or so. They are good folks.

Don't agree with what has happened to ASD and others. It seems to be bulling in my view, but I don't make the rules. We will see if he decides to come back or not.

I talked to them last night. They will hold up in Gowlland Bay until tomorrow. He did not like the Gale warning for today in Jonestone. He is also shooting for Cape Caution Sunday or Monday.

BTW I chose to lurk instead of posting.

I have known ASD forever and his beautiful wife for about 15 years or so. They are good folks.

Don't agree with what has happened to ASD and others. It seems to be bulling in my view, but I don't make the rules. We will see if he decides to come back or not.

I talked to them last night. They will hold up in Gowlland Bay until tomorrow. He did not like the Gale warning for today in Jonestone. He is also shooting for Cape Caution Sunday or Monday.

Thanks for clarifying and confirming my suspicions that you went years without posting but chose to do so just to post in his support. Now to threaten he may not return. You surely know disagreeing with the moderators isn't encouraged. As to what has happened to him and others, it's happened very rarely and only in the most egregious cases. Regardless, you don't make the rules but so far you've not really participated except to post twice in support of ASD.

I'd point one thing out and that is neither you nor I nor anyone else has knowledge of all that took place. I respect that he's your friend but be careful on judging that which you don't know. It's like judging the breakup of the perfect marriage or the lady who leaves your good friend, the perfect husband, and not knowing the rest of the story. Moderators have a very difficult job and don't take their responsibilities lightly. Leave the job to them. You've had the advantage of their fine work now for 9 years. Hopefully in the next 9 years you'll decide to contribute in some way other than as ASD's shill.

While the moderators will not discuss any particular instance. Rest assured that no one gets banned, or is scraping paint, without substantial discussion between the moderators AND then only after repeated warnings to the member in question. And I repeat, repeated warnings.

As a rule we don't talk about moderation. The Community Rules say: Public discussion about moderation or moderator decisions is not allowed.

Lets get back this thread thread back on track or it will be deleted and or closed.

Thanks for understanding. :)

An extract from Forum Rules, accessible below and on every page:

"Public discussion about moderation or moderator decisions is not allowed."

Hmmm...

Soo-Valley said:
ASD and Sunchaser are having a cigar and scotch at anchor @ Gowlland Island.

After an 8am slack and a strong push with the ebb, a parade of 17 have glided past Kelsey Bay since 1100. Only 10 transmitting AIS.

I swear we could see Sunchaser holding ASD's hand all the way.

Back
Top Bottom