Crossing Lake Okeechobee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Where are you staying in T Springs?

I'm at Turtle Cove. I will head to Clearwater or St Pete this week. Then move on down the coast a bit next week.

We booked one night at Turtle Cove last year (after the crossing) and left 3 months later!

"FF has been pitching some place around Labelle as a hurricane hole but that might be for a haul out. Of course, he wasn't around in the 1930s when the Lake O area took some big hits."

Today there are some built up areas that are above the 30's flood heights.

The water with a blowout would rise 6-8 ft for a while , no big deal for folks 10-12ft above the water.

One marina dumped over a million in the location and is begging to expand .

They are safe , but hardly cheap, and have almost no space for live aboards till they expand.

Some of the local homeowner who have been enjoying the hurricane hole concept since 1980 sometimes have room at their docks.

LaBelle, Florida - River Forest Yachting Centers
jvPvAQBxFm5jP49PygAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

LaBelle, Florida

River Forest Yachting Center - LaBelle offers Gulf Coast boaters convenient ... 82 US ton (164,000 lbs) ASCOM Marine Boat Lift; 66 US ton (132,000 lbs) ABI

Last edited:
Now, the good news. Levels are rising and as of yesterday were at 11.61 with 5.55 draft for route 1 and 3.75 for route 2. I expect, based on the continuing rain we've had, to see 12 ft very soon.

Now at 11.72 with 5.66 for route 1 and 3.86 for route 2. So up 0.11 in the past two days.

Bottomed out at 11.04 on June 3 and rose daily to 11.72 on June 10. Looks like only days until over 12.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom