Creepy Crawlies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have zero detectable bug infestation on my boat.

The spiders I have on ky boat spin webs to catch flying insects near the docks such as gnats. The gnats are so plentiful that the spiders are more than happy and as Mark points out, poop to their hearts content.

On my boat, they spin their webs mostly outside because thats where most of the gnats are..

Nope, I concentrate on the spiders as they are the target and Ortho Home defense does the job for weeks...then a new batch of spiders crawl and or float aboard (air and water....havent you ever seen them air travelling by a thread of web?).

Last edited:
I’m not sure how many of us use the mobile app for TF, but if you do, and you’ve subscribed to this thread, you keep seeing that damned nine foot hellbeast huntsman spider every time you scroll by. I’m posting this as a little eye bleach to fix that: IMG_0002.jpg

I don't know if it's true but I once read that you are never more than six feet from a spider.

I once had a secretary(not in the biblical sense, though there is a term "Desking the Secretary") who had been married to a lawyer, surname Crawley, who had the nickname "Creepy".

We get plenty of huntsman spiders around around and in our dirt home, although they don't really bother me.

I've never seen a spider of any type in our boat, though. I get the odd small web, but have yet to see who or what is making it. It's not a redback web, so I'm not really concerned.

Actually - we get very few insects of any type in our cruising grounds. Perhaps the occasional mosquito or fly, but it is rare. We did have a praying mantis hitch a ride on the boat for a couple of days. Maybe he took care of the spiders for us.

I have zero detectable bug infestation on my boat.

The spiders I have on ky boat spin webs to catch flying insects near the docks such as gnats. The gnats are so plentiful that the spiders are more than happy and as Mark points out, poop to their hearts content.

On my boat, they spin their webs mostly outside because thats where most of the gnats are..

Nope, I concentrate on the spiders as they are the target and Ortho Home defense does the job for weeks...then a new batch of spiders crawl and or float aboard (air and water....havent you ever seen them air travelling by a thread of web?).

No pesty insects here except for pooping spiders.

I'm thinking of moving from water spray and going "nuclear" with poisonous sprays. Spiders, surrender and move on or meet oblivion!

Not sure how to deal with bees plugging fuel and water vents. Paste netting over vents?

Last edited:
I have been using dryer sheets for years, keeps spiders and bugs in general away. I put them in all lockers and drawers and in vents etc.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom