A "counterfeit" 'American Tug' for sale (not mine)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe this seller could follow your lead and call his boat something like an "Armenian Tug", or a "Chimerican Tug", or even an "Amerikan Tug".

Methinks it is a Taiwanese Tug. A TT for certain.

That does it. I’m glueing a Bentley hood ornament on my Ford pickup.

You only live once unless you are Buddhist, go for it.

A friend installed a Mercedes Benz hood ornament on his Chrysler minivan when MB owned Chrysler.

People who saw the ornament believed that MB was building mini vans.

Greetings,
Mr. OD.

iu

Dang, I feel like I’ve been outed! I was already undertaking the small mods necessary to turn my boat into a Fleming 55 clone. I was, however, sensitive to the idea of besmirching Fleming’s name copyright, so I figured to advertise it as a “Phlegming”!

I always joke that if Sandpiper was 15 feet longer and cost a million dollars more, it would look just like a Fleming.

I also respond to people who ask how long our boat is by saying "It's a hundred footer. It looks real good when you stand a hundred feet away".

Attachments

• Bugotti.jpg
    Bugotti.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 53
Hey, isn't that Travis McGee's Rolls pickup, Miss Agnes?

Travis McGee! My favorite good/bad guy. I read every one of those books when I was a kid while all the other kids were reading Hardy Boys. He had some sort of homemade pick up truck.

I would have bought a boat like the Busted Flush if it wasn't a houseboat.

I sort of based my life philosophy on Travis McGees musings for most of my life.

When I was mystery shopping and the person I'm shopping asked for my name, I used Travis McGee. None of the people I used that name with caught it. (A mystery shopper poses as a customer at stores, banks, investment firms, car dealers etc to assess customer service, add on sales ability and compliance to laws, regulations and company policy)

I should download those books and read them again.

Last edited:
Greetings,
Mr. B. Nope. Miss Agnes was a Rolls Royce painted "that horrid blue". Perhaps this would suit Mr. OD's desire for a Bentley pick-up?

iu

My Hatteras 60' pictured in my profile avatar is for sale. Purchased new in 2018. First million takes her. Needs new dock lines.

Hmmmm, so now we have a Rolls and a Bentley pick up truck. I stand corrected.
I guess they weren't very popular?

The placement of the radome and the flybridge seems to be well-thought out. If the operator is seated the beam would seem to catch them about mid-chest, and if they're standing, would bath the testicles in microwaves. Maybe an unintended fringe benefit of being up there for long times is free sterilization?

The placement of the radome and the flybridge seems to be well-thought out. If the operator is seated the beam would seem to catch them about mid-chest, and if they're standing, would bath the testicles in microwaves. Maybe an unintended fringe benefit of being up there for long times is free sterilization?
Perhaps the radome is empty?

I don't see a radar display up top. So as long as you don't forget to turn it off before going up there, it's all good. You have to go down to use it anyway.

Plus the radar separation from the helm might be greater than the minimum safe operating distance.

And if not, maybe the radar has the blanking sector feature so no transmission in that direction.

Last edited:
I see that it is a Documented vessel, so if the buyer were to look at the documents wouldn't they have to ask " what's up with that".

And a lot of the fake smoke stacks are used for propane tank or other storage. Our stack being empty, we plan to install a small air compressor and tank for the air horns in it, there is ample room.

Plus the radar separation from the helm might be greater than the minimum safe operating distance.

And if not, maybe the radar has the blanking sector feature so no transmission in that direction.

Maybe, but before trusting my testicles to it, I'd make very sure of it.

Maybe, but before trusting my testicles to it, I'd make very sure of it.

Pretty common knowledge....right in the front of most manuals....the safe distance is usually less than a meter.

It's your eyes are what you should really worry about and the blanking sector seems to work just fine.

Last edited:
Why don't one of you that is near the boat contact the seller, pretend that you're interested and see what they say.

Might be fun!

And a lot of the fake smoke stacks are used for propane tank or other storage. Our stack being empty, we plan to install a small air compressor and tank for the air horns in it, there is ample room.

:thumb:

Pretty common knowledge....right in the front of most manuals....the safe distance is usually less than a meter.

It's your eyes are what you should really worry about and the blanking sector seems to work just fine.

At our age, our testicles are for decoration only and to remind us which we are so we can answer that question on various forms.

At our age, our testicles are for decoration only and to remind us which we are so we can answer that question on various forms.

Please speak for yourself about body parts and part two of your post I have read several times and still dont understand. :confused:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom