Old 02-15-2017, 02:18 PM   #1
Guru

City: North Vancouver
Vessel Name: Phoenix Hunter
Vessel Model: Kadey Krogen 42 (1985)
Cordero Lodge has been vandalized

Very Sad. We've stayed there several times, as Shoal Bay is often full. The current roars through there and it can be a tricky docking but is was a nice place to go, reasonable and we could get the dog to shore easily.

Waggoner Guide News: Cordero Lodge Vandalized

Jim
JDCAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 03:26 PM   #2
Guru

City: Bellingham WA
Vessel Name: Hatt Trick
Vessel Model: 45' Hatteras Convertible
Years ago, we anchored in Shoal Bay and dinghy'd over to Cordero for dinner. It was good and the people very nice. I wish the owners well through these unfortunate events. It's hard to understand why someone would destroy property for no reason.

When we were there, at least 30 years ago, Cordero was owned by the Richters. An unusual bit of trivia for that area is that at that time, families also named Richter owned the Blind Channel and Echo Bay resorts. Blind Channel is now run by a Richter son, and Echo Bay is now Pierre's at Echo Bay.
Ken E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 03:39 PM   #3
TF Site Team

City: Brisbane
Vessel Name: Insequent
Vessel Model: Ocean Alexander 50 Mk I
Very sad. I stayed there twice, not long after Lorrie bought it and really enjoyed it. Particularly sad about Lorrie's cancer, and I wish him and his family all the best.
Old 02-16-2017, 12:59 PM   #4

We spent a few nights there last year and had a great time Lorrie and staff were aw awsome to work with. Lorrie lent my 5yr old son fishing gear to fish off the docks there. I hope everything works out for the family

such a shame they damaged the property for no reason
RFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 05:37 PM   #5
Guru

City: Tacoma, WA & Ashland, OR
Vessel Name: boatless, ex: Seeadler
Vessel Model: RAWSON 41
Very tragic. We stopped for a very Germanic dinner in 2009 on the way to Ketchikan Lammkeule mit rotekohl as I recall.
Attached Thumbnails
P5091995c2.jpg   P5092008c.JPG   P5092003s.JPG  
AlaskaProf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 05:56 PM   #6

I did notice that there is a go fund me page on the link posted above.
tinped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 08:43 PM   #7

I have not been there since Reinhardt, Doris, and Kelli Kuppers owned and operated it. Their hospitality, Doris' cooking, and Reinhardt's after dinner schnapps made it a very special corner of an otherwise outstanding part of our world! I hope there is someone out there who can see the potential, and purchase it.
Island Cessna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 09:30 PM   #8
Guru

City: Port Townsend, WA
Vessel Name: Traveler
Vessel Model: Cheoy Lee 46 LRC
I know the First Nations fellow that was going to manage the lodge this year (Tom Sewid from Alert Bay). He was planning on introducing a comprehensive native theme throughout. He was pretty excited about the prospects, too. Just depressing all the way around...
https://www.theboatgeeks.com
Moonfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 01:44 AM   #9
Guru

City: Campbell River
Vessel Name: Blue Sky
Vessel Model: Nordic Tugs 42 Hull #001
Just saw this thread. We were late to discover
Cordero Lodge, but had the great pleasure of spending New Years with Lorrie, Sandy, and Wayne at the lodge as we brought in 2016. A magical night for us and as it turned out when we left on New Year's Day that would be the last time we saw Lorrie as his health deteriorated as the year progressed.
Our stop in the summer of 2017 revealed the extent of the vandalism, which was significant, but we were entertained by Darcy and John, who were caretakers for the season. Darcy was an amazing carver and storyteller; he carved a walking stick and a wall carving for Blue Sky while weaving an enchanting story about the Raven and its diabolical ways.

Truly a spot of paradise.
Conrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 06:58 AM   #10
Guru

City: Aventura FL
Vessel Name: Kinja
Vessel Model: American Tug 34 #116 2008
Vandels if caught, as part of the sentence, clean up their mess, make everything 'right' and then go to prison for some 'alone time' so they can think about what they have done.
Or perhaps, a season of employment, hair cut, neatly trimmed beard and 'put on a happy face' finally, showing respect to the guests.
I am not going to call it 'slave labor'. We will just call it 'restoration labor.' LOL
IF they cannot do this, back to prison for the rest of their sentence. Their decision