Contacting rod collins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jungpeter

Guru
Vessel Name
LIBERTY
Vessel Make
TOLLY 48
Does anyone have insight on how to contact Rod "RC" Collins from Compass Marine? He runs a great website (https://marinehowto.com/) with invaluable information on DIY "stuff" for us mortals.

However, per his URL, he doesn't have time to answer comments and/or questions on his myriad of articles he's posted. He professes to answer five specific topics (Product Question, Paid Consult, etc.) via email, if posted from his URL.

I'd like to engage Rod for a paid consult, and dutifully posted my request on his URL under that topic, several weeks ago. However, no response to date.

Any ideas on how to directly engage with Rod? As there is no other contact information posted, and no evidence of a successful transmission of my request to be found, I'm at a loss.

Regards,

Pete

Did you try a PM? He is a member here so you should be able to PM him.

I've been wanting to do the same, so will watch the thread. Thanks for posting.

(His tutorials are great aren't they.)

Hi Comodave,

Well, I'd happily PM him if I had his contact (i.e.-email) address. You state "...he's a (TF) member", but I haven't been able to locate him as such.

Regards,

Pete

Does anyone have insight on how to contact Rod "RC" Collins from Compass Marine? He runs a great website (https://marinehowto.com/) with invaluable information on DIY "stuff" for us mortals.

However, per his URL, he doesn't have time to answer comments and/or questions on his myriad of articles he's posted. He professes to answer five specific topics (Product Question, Paid Consult, etc.) via email, if posted from his URL.

I'd like to engage Rod for a paid consult, and dutifully posted my request on his URL under that topic, several weeks ago. However, no response to date.

Any ideas on how to directly engage with Rod? As there is no other contact information posted, and no evidence of a successful transmission of my request to be found, I'm at a loss.

Regards,

Pete

Pete,

Sorry for missing your email. I just found your email from 4/31/2020 The reason we never saw it is the correct subject line was not used. You used "Electrical System Design" so it went right off the fist page and it was missed. We get far too many emails every day to respond to all of them so we had to move to subject line headers to get our attention.

We have our email set up to stack emails, by the subject lines we ask for. If you don't use the correct subject line we will likely miss it.

That said, I am currently the only employee, and there are not enough hours in the day, so we cannot take on any more paid consults right now. Another customer alerted me to this thread.

Hopefully, when I can bring back the guys, I will have more consult time. If anyone has any better suggestions on how to handle upwards of 10-80 emails per day, please let me know. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom