Completely unrealted.. Seahorse source?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Noonan

Hello.. This is pretty unrelated- I'm looking for something.
I run a business that designs, installs, and maintains sal****er aquariums. Recently I have started breeding seahorses, and have been pretty successful at raising them and marketing them to potential buyers.

There is a specific species of seahorses that I am told gets caught up in shrimp trawlers. This species if found off the coasts of the Carolinas, all the way into the Gulf coast. I am told that they could easily be picked out and put into a holding tank.

Basically, I am looking for someone who is in the shrimping business to possibly become a steady source for a few dozen of these.

I apologize if this Trawler forum is a completely different type of trawling.
Thank You

Noonan wrote:

Hello.. This is pretty unrelated- I'm looking for something.

I run a business that designs, installs, and maintains sal****er aquariums. Recently I have started breeding seahorses, and have been pretty successful at raising them and marketing them to potential buyers.

There is a specific species of seahorses that I am told gets caught up in shrimp trawlers. This species if found off the coasts of the Carolinas, all the way into the Gulf coast. I am told that they could easily be picked out and put into a holding tank.

Basically, I am looking for someone who is in the shrimping business to possibly become a steady source for a few dozen of these.

I apologize if this Trawler forum is a completely different type of trawling.
Thank You
Pleasure boating only. Google "Shrimping".

Carey wrote:
Pleasure boating only. Google "Shrimping".
Jeez, Carey!* The first real trawler post we've ever had and you kicked him out!
no.gif

Noonan wrote:

You might try picking up a copy of "American Fisherman."* This is an industry publication and you may find contact information for shrimp fishermen's associations or something like that.

I sold my old engines (in 2000) to a guy who trawled for tiny shrimp in Okanagan lake. He sold his catch to salt water aquarium users for feeding their exotic fish.
I no longer have the contact information, but if you google the exotic aquarium topics you might find him.
A real Trawler! He found my ad for the engines in the "BC Fisherman" trade magazine.

Seahorse II, I think he is trying to ask where you come from???

Or maybe he is looking for MarkPierce since Seahorse(s) are making his trawler?

Forget my post about "American Fisherman." That's the wrong name. Jack rightly named the title of the publication I was thinking of--- "National Fisherman."

Back
Top Bottom