Coming Full Circle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wxx3

Dauntless Award
Vessel Name
Dauntless
Vessel Make
Kadey Krogen 42 - 148
30 September 2015, 13:10 hours, we passed the track off of Dunmore East that we had made leaving Ireland 4 months and 5 days earlier on the 25th of May.

As I motored slowly up the River Suir, it is impossible to describe my feelings. Much like crossing the Atlantic, this was another 4,000 nm, 7,200 km trip milestone completed.:dance:

Spread out over four months instead of one, was both a blessing and a curse:

A blessing in that time is spread out, so schedules are more flexible and the scenery is constantly changing, as is the places visited and the foods eaten.

A curse in that it’s almost exclusively coastal travelling and the stress that entails, rocks, narrow channels, and worst of all, expensive marinas.

And much like the Atlantic Passage, coming full circle was a culmination of years of dreaming and planning. As soon as the Atlantic was planned, still years before we actually had a boat, I had moved on to phase two, the first full spring and summer in northern Europe.

So of course that meant the Baltic and those lands of Eastern Europe and Scandinavia that were almost totally new to me.

For the most part, if the plan has been well thought out, events unfold as planned. As I look at the Dauntless Cruise Plan that was finalized in April, I pretty much stuck to the plan into September.

i just arrived in NY last night.

I'm attending the Krogen Rendezvous this week and am returning to Dauntless in Waterford on the 22nd, as there is a major issue to deal with: I think i have a fuel tank that has rusted thru:eek:

Richard,

Congrats on the major cruising achievements! I hope to one day do a quarter of that. Your journey has been impressive and inspiring. Good luck with the tanks if that is what it is!

Kevin

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom