Christmas Decorations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Forkliftt

Guru
Vessel Name
KnotDoneYet
Vessel Make
1983 42' Present Sundeck
Putting lights up outside today got me wondering if anyone is going to decorate their boat?? The admiral plans on putting up a small tree again this year.

Skinny Dippin' was decorated last year with lights and garland. This year she is in the boatyard until the 21st. I very well might decorate her on the cruise up river to our home slip.

This was last year's Holiday Card:

Attachments

• Christmas Card 2011.jpg
    Christmas Card 2011.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 109
Eh what! Why? Not us. The boat is on the hard, shrunk wrapped in an obscure corner of an off the beaten track boat yard and might soon have a mound of snow around it. No one would see it. Of course, "no one sees it" is what my wife says about a lot of the things I want to fix and my response has always been that I know its there. Maybe a small wreath on the bow? :)

My Galley Wench and I spent part of yesterday and today decorating the boat for the Christmas Lighted Boat Parade. It's on 12/7 & 8, and we have a crowd going out with us both nights.

We're doing it a bit different this year. Every year we have a theme. This year is going to be quite different. I'll post pics of I can get someone on another boat to take them and send them to me.

GFC

I screwed in a red and green bulb in the construction string of lights.
img_115099_0_7959246e6ba188d83e0d71a0789b26de.jpg

we have lights strung below the hand rail and a blow up santa on the sundeck. We put the decorations up Friday and motored about four hours yesterday with santa inflated. He seemed quite happy. :)

We're about 3/4 decorated- finish up tomorrow. Next Sunday, we're part of the Special Peoples cruise for our yacht club, so we have to git-'er-dun this weekend.....

Photos after we're done....

Here is mine from a few years ago. We have about twice as many lights these days...

Attachments

• Boat Parade 2005 085.jpg
    Boat Parade 2005 085.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 118
Here is mine from a few years ago. We have about twice as many lights these days...

That's impressive/beautiful.

I string a garland of silver tinsel around my swim-step to keep the ducks and the mountains of duck poop off it. Does that count?

We will not be decorating our boat with "Winter Holiday" (to be PC) lights but we will be out on a friends committee boat for the PC "Parade of Lights" on San Diego Bay.

I decorate my boat each year. Nothing fancy, just lights and a wreath. Folks can see it from the bridge on the Interstate highway.

I'm planning on Tuesday to do it.

I string a garland of silver tinsel around my swim-step to keep the ducks and the mountains of duck poop off it. Does that count?

I need to mention that tactic to my neighbor Mike.

img_115267_0_811128d65c52f52381786d937deab840.png

In Seattle they have the "Christmas Ships" several nights during December-the Argosy boats light up and sail around with a choir. We ususally decorate and take friends on at least two of the cruises-one around Elliott Bay and one through the Locks to Lake Union and Lake Washington. Makes for a fun evening cruise!

Putting lights up outside today got me wondering if anyone is going to decorate their boat?? The admiral plans on putting up a small tree again this year.

No. One, the wind would blow it all off in a heartbeat and two, if you put all that crap up you have to take it all down.

December snow

Xmas ship (not mine) in Seattle a few years ago .

Attachments

• J_Beatty_deck_safety_IMG_1776.jpg
    J_Beatty_deck_safety_IMG_1776.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 103
No. One, the wind would blow it all off in a heartbeat and two, if you put all that crap up you have to take it all down.

Bah, humbug!

I should have worded my statement to read that if the wind doesn't rip it all the lights and crap off the boat, which it will in our marina where storms with gusts to 60 mph are the norm rather than the exception, then you have to take it all down.

But most of the time you only have to put it up. Occasionally boaters in our marina get all Christmasy and put lights on their boats. Usually sailboaters---the powerboaters learned their lesson a long time ago. If the strings of lights and other "decor" last a week it's a miracle. They end up trailing in the water shorted out or sunk out of sight.

We're all decorated and hoping for decent weather this Saturday for the Lighted Boat Parade at Everett. Should be fun. Hopefully the weather guessers are wrong again. :)

I should have worded my statement to read that if the wind doesn't rip it all the lights and crap off the boat, which it will in our marina where storms with gusts to 60 mph are the norm rather than the exception, then you have to take it all down.

But most of the time you only have to put it up. Occasionally boaters in our marina get all Christmasy and put lights on their boats. Usually sailboaters---the powerboaters learned their lesson a long time ago. If the strings of lights and other "decor" last a week it's a miracle. They end up trailing in the water shorted out or sunk out of sight.

Bah, humbug!

Marin, do ya want coal for Christmas?

The problem is Santa Claus is not on Marin's pre-approved guest list ;)

That's part of it. We don't need his fat ass and giant toy bag cluttering up the boat. As for getting coal for Christmas, why the hell would we want that? Our boat runs on diesel.

We're all decorated and hoping for decent weather this Saturday for the Lighted Boat Parade at Everett. Should be fun. Hopefully the weather guessers are wrong again. :)

While you go by, give us a toot/wave! :flowers:

Bah, Humbug

That's what he said when we told him to go hawk his cheap toys and last year's cell phones on some other dock or we'd turn him in to the SPCA for abusing his reindeer. He keeps them up all night dragging his lard butt all over the planet, no crew-rest facilities on the sleigh so he's clearly in violation of the FAA's maximum time regulation, and other than this one 24 hour period he is totally unproductive and probably on food stamps. The guy is clearly a loser. Last time we sent him packing a heron fishing two slips down took a stab at him as he went by just on general principles.

It started raining today as I was headed for the boat so I guess I'll decorate it later this week.

:rofl: Marin: You are in fine form today!

It was reported that while you were filming in the cockpit on a Boeing test flight last December 25th, you suddenly snatched the controls "just for a moment".

Attachments

• Larsonxmas2.jpg
    Larsonxmas2.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 90
Wasn't me. Santa Claus I don't care about but I wouldn't have wanted to hurt the reindeer. I probably would have given the sleigh a low pass to flip it over with wake turbulence so that fat fool would fall out and the reindeer could have headed off for a nice dinner somewhere without him.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom