Chine Wings, Rolling Chocks, Passive Stabilization

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmm. I wonder how much for a little NT26. Might have to make a call. Spy does have a snappy roll.

PS: GreyPearl, we met last year in Tenedos Bay. You had just come down from the flagpole, we were going up. Cheers!

That was when the smoke came in there right? Have to give Roy a call. I think they would work. But the lighter and smaller the boat the more likely of getting air underneath. Might cause quite a shudder. I was quite impressed with the little amount of shudder bucking into sloppy weather. But they are 25' long and only come half way forward. Also having them filled with water makes them very solid. Anyways I am totally impressed.

On commercial fishboats we use the rolling chocks in conjunction with stabilizers/paravanes/stoppemfloppers. It all helps. But the stabilizers cost about 1/2 knot.

The yard guys call them “bat wings” and lift as norma and say they are are extremely strong and don’t pose any issue at all.

Those are definitely NOT "Bat Wings". Bat wings are horizontal pieces of steel plate that attach to the bottom of the keel and extend out to the sides, as far as the vertical steel support that rises to the side of the boat at or above the waterline. The shape of the "Bat wings" is ......like the wings of....... hence the name. Those are "extremely strong and don’t pose any issue at all".

Fantastic. Call when you are in the area. I will be home in june cutting hay. I look forward to talking to you more about the Sea of Cortez. We were going to ship her down to La Paz the end of October but things got too complicated. The plan is next fall. I have fished Albacore since the 70's on the West Coast and its a long way to Mexico. And the Grey Pearl is not an offshore boat. But I'll be interested to talk to you. Have fun in La Paz.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom