Cheoy Lee trawlers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't think it's a cheoy lee, they did a 32 and 35. I note you say cl34 Could it be a C&L marine 34? Different company. They produced among others the "Sea Ranger" line of boats. I had there "Sea Ranger 65" model for a few years. Well built. Try doing a forum search for Taiwanese Builders. There has been enquires for these boats before on the forum.

Even excellent boats require PM.

All bedding goop has a lifespan , so weather the past 50 years of owners bothered makes a huge difference.

"If it ain't broke don't bother " does not work with age problems that remain invisible until the rot is visible.

Have been able to track down brochures for a Cheoy Lee 34 and layout is identical to ours. Thanks for the link to the 36 - so many similarities as you'd expect.

Regards,
Steve

Attachments

• Cheoy Lee brochure.jpg
    Cheoy Lee brochure.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 59
Info on Cheoy Lee 40 LRC

I had asked a question of Cheoy Lee corp offices, about the apparently small size of the rudders as compared with other makes, and included with the reply from the engineering dept were the brochure and an article on a Hong Kong to Gulf of Mexico voyage.
Copies attached to this and subsequent post. It seems that I can only load one image at a time.
JohnS

Attachments

• Emailing T40 new.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 50
The rest of the info from Cheoy Lee is NOT attached. The file is too large. 7.1 Mb.
If you would like it, contact me and I will try to send it directly to you. Thanks.
JohnS

We own two boat built by Cheoy Lee
a Taipan and a M/S 53
We like the boat but :
osmosis (a lot)

some leak (window, bulwark...)

diesel tank integrated in fiberglass

But nice boat

Harbour 950

I stand corrected, never seen a Cheoy lee with that configuration and the large aft cabin windows..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom