Chartering a Trawler/Trawler like boat in NE or FL or Carib?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbinbi

I am wondering if anyone knows if there are charter companies that have either full displacement/semi disp boats, call them trawlers or trawler like or whatever you want, Beneteau, Nordic, Grand Banks, even KK/Nord etc. that would be available for anywhere from a week to a month in the Northeast in the summer, or in FL or Carib or Bahamas in the winter?

I have seen that many of the sailing charter companies down south have expanded to have power cats, but only power cats.

Before I jump into the deep end, I would really like to spend a week or more cruising on a powerboat. I have sailed and cruised on sailboats for the past 60 years, but have only been on dinghy/small runabout for afternoons.

Thanks.

I am wondering if anyone knows if there are charter companies that have either full displacement/semi disp boats, call them trawlers or trawler like or whatever you want, Beneteau, Nordic, Grand Banks, even KK/Nord etc. that would be available for anywhere from a week to a month in the Northeast in the summer, or in FL or Carib or Bahamas in the winter?

I have seen that many of the sailing charter companies down south have expanded to have power cats, but only power cats.

Before I jump into the deep end, I would really like to spend a week or more cruising on a powerboat. I have sailed and cruised on sailboats for the past 60 years, but have only been on dinghy/small runabout for afternoons.

Thanks.

Have you considered this? Little pricey and different cruising area than you asked, but a top notch company and awesome cruising grounds. Much better in both regards than what I think you'll find in the Carribean.

https://www.nwexplorations.com/

Southwest Florida Yachts in Cape Coral, Fl has a fleet of power boats for charter including a couple of Grand Banks, a Sabreline, a Jefferson and a new 52' Beneteau Swift Trawler.

Their Grand Banks 32 should be easy to handle or try their GB 42 for more room.

David

Southwest Florida Yachts in Cape Coral, Fl has a fleet of power boats for charter including a couple of Grand Banks, a Sabreline, a Jefferson and a new 52' Beneteau Swift Trawler.

Their Grand Banks 32 should be easy to handle or try their GB 42 for more room.

David

Ditto regarding SWFY. I've bareboat chartered from them and was satisfied. Right now they may be sweeping up pieces, though, in the aftermath of Ian.

SW Florida Yachts ... probably not for a while

Ditto regarding SWFY. I've bareboat chartered from them and was satisfied. Right now they may be sweeping up pieces, though, in the aftermath of Ian.

From their web site ... probably a no go for a while.
https://www.swfyachts.com/
= = = = =
Dear Friends,

We want to thank you all for the hundreds of texts, emails and social media posts we have received over the last 10 days- two weeks since Hurricane Ian changed our lives. Many of you have been part of our lives for decades, some we may have recently met, and some we have yet to meet. You are our customers, business associates, neighbors and friends.

Southwest Florida Yachts received a devastating blow from Hurricane Ian. On September 28, 2022, all of our lives changed. We are now trying to pick up the pieces and rebuild. We are committed to coming back stronger than ever! A GoFundMe link is listed below. All funds will be used to rebuild SFY, keep our staff employed and help them rebuild.

Personally, we lost our home, cars and several boats in our fleet. As you know, insurance takes time and usually is never adequate to cover all of the losses one sustains in a disaster of this magnitude. We are working hard to keep our staff employed for as long as we can until Southwest Florida emerges from this tragedy. Our first priority is to our employees, boat owners, subcontractors, vendors, customers and everyone associated with our business.

You have all been with us for nearly four decades, and we ask for your support at this difficult time. Tarpon Point Marina, where we are located, is projecting 6-10 months to rebuild and reopen the marina. Their goal is to rebuild the Tarpon Point Property to the same first-class resort facility that it has always been We will be working with them to reopen our business and all of the businesses on the property as soon as possible.

We know the road ahead will be challenging, but we are committed to celebrating our 40th Anniversary with all of you in 2023 and 2024!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom