Cell coverage between Nashville and Guntersville TN?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Capt. Rodbone

Vessel Name
SV Stella Polaris MV Sea Turtle
Vessel Make
1978 VanDine Gaff rigged schooner, 1978 Grand Banks Classic Trawler
If all goes well I will be making the trip shown above next week with a friend of mine who is helping me bring our new trawler to a slip closer to home He has AT&T for cellular coverage and I have Verizon. I’m wondering if any of you kind folks can comment as to the cell coverage we might be able to expect between those two areas? Coverage will be more important to us regarding coordinating a few things as we near Pickwick and head on to Guntersville.

Haven’t been on that end of the River in a long time. Can share our experience from Knoxville down to Guntersville. There were sections of the River without cell phone service, but as we got close to towns along the way, had good service. Would expect the same on your route.

In 2017 while doing the Loop, I went some distance past Guntersville, but don't recall whether I went through the next lock. Can't remember anywhere on the Tennessee river not having cellphone service and usually internet. The Tombigbee and Illinois rivers were very different. I've always been a a Verizon customer.

Ted

Haven’t been on that end of the River in a long time. Can share our experience from Knoxville down to Guntersville. There were sections of the River without cell phone service, but as we got close to towns along the way, had good service. Would expect the same on your route.

Should mention that cell phone signal is line of sight to tower. So our trip in eastern TN was in the mountains or foothills that often blanketed line of sight to the cell towers. You may not encounter this due to flatter ground in western TN, northern MS, and northern AL until near Huntsville.

I made that trip (Gallatin to Knoxville) in 2017. My experience was that ATT 4g coverage was pretty consistent. When I needed a signal when ATT wasn't there, Verizon would be. Though I didn't monitor signal strength continuously. Other carriers are available near larger cities only.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom