Cbp roam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did you complete the login? When I did it yesterday, I got the text message, but after logging in it said you MUST select one of the 2 level auth schemes from now on. Not among them was receiving a code on the same phone.

Nexus may be great, but unless you live near the border scheduling all the interviews and retina scans and whatnot is quite burdensome. And should you have guests, it does no good.

Did you complete the login? When I did it yesterday, I got the text message, but after logging in it said you MUST select one of the 2 level auth schemes from now on. Not among them was receiving a code on the same phone.

Nexus may be great, but unless you live near the border scheduling all the interviews and retina scans and whatnot is quite burdensome. And should you have guests, it does no good.

Yep, I logged in and went as far as the screen where I would click to start the return to US process.
We used ROAM to check in last Sept. I also accessed it earlier this year to enter our new decal number.

When you do your original setup (which I think I did on the home PC), you tell them how you want the security to be setup. I almost always have text to my cell as second layer of security. I don't do eye scans, ever. ;-)

We have been happy with the app on our android phone.

Well worth the inconvenience. We drove 3 hours for our interiew.

In 2017, I checked in with customs at Ketchikan via phone, no visit needed. This was before CBP Roam, but I do have Nexus...

Last year, I was cleared without an officer coming on board. Surprised me. However as soon as we were cleared by CBP we were boarded by the USCG.

Later on our way home and checking in at the San Juan Islands I was asked if I knew about the app. I said yes, but we were NEXUS card holders. I was told I wasn't mandated to use the app. I was asked for my specific position (Lat/Long). That was new.

Same experience. Actually cleared from Prince Rupert the night before we headed across Dixon. Very easy. Only stopped at the fuel dock in Ketchikan before continuing on. Had a clearance number 15 minutes after I submitted via the app.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom