In case anyone is looking for an inexpensive shore power cord...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Speedy Charlotte
Vessel Make
Beneteau Swift Trawler 44
I bought a 50amp cord from Durable Electric Power Cords | ESC Premier and the quality seems very high. Doesn't look or feel any different than the more expensive cords, and it is about half the cost. Also has the little LED indicator light to let you know there is power running through it.

No affiliation with the company, just thought I'd post a quick review for anyone looking to buy a shore power cord and doesn't want to pay for a top brand.

Read what is embossed into the lines insulation to decide its quality.

This is from their website. Looks legit to me.

From our headquarters in Cleveland, OH, Electric Cord Sets, Inc. has been manufacturing and distributing world class U/L and CSA approved power supply cords and cord sets since 1947. Thanks to our superior product quality and our fast and friendly customer service, it’s no small wonder that so many OEM appliance and equipment manufacturers have come to rely on us for all of their power supply cord requirements. We offer a full line of domestic and international power cord set configurations, including molded locking plugs, hospital grade electrical cords, RV cords and shore power cord sets and adapters for the marine industry. We also follow ISO 9001:2000 procedures, ensuring the highest standards on all electric cords produced.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
Electric Cord Sets, Inc. is comprised of five manufacturing locations: A U.S. manufacturing facility located in Cleveland, Ohio, three Asian facilities in Shanghai, Shenzhen and Dong Guan China, and one in Manila, Philippines. Together, we offer over 90 NEMA and 60 international power cord set configurations, covering every country in the world. Custom configurations and special molds are also available.
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
As a power cord set supplier, we offer the best quality, price and customer service in the industry to both large and small quantity customers. The large number of electric cords produced by our Asian facilities creates a steady flow of containers into the U.S., more than one per week on average. This enables us to offer a faster turnaround on your orders, usually 6-8 weeks on overseas orders, and offer the same price advantage on every order.
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
When lead time is a concern, our manufacturing facility in Ohio can usually ship orders in less than 4 weeks.
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
We hope you will consider Electric Cord Sets for your next electric cord or power cord set purchase. We guarantee your relationship with us will be long lasting and rewarding.

ECS Premierjacob@ecspremier.com
4700 Manufacturing Ave
Cleveland, OH 44135

We love to talk!

I needed another 10 foot of cord to reach my dock outlet at our home port and I purchased a 10 foot cord from these people three years ago. Have had no issues with it although we don't disconnect it (made the point where the small cord attaches to my 50ft cord waterproof by wrapping the plugs with self-fusing silicone tape). We do put a heavy load on it at the dock and have seen no heating problems.

Cords look good to me. I'm gonna buy a 25' 30 amp for the dock. Their 50 amp to twin 30 amp splitter is a heck of a deal.

ECS site: "Note: Site is Currently under an internal audit. And Renovation." Off the subject, but what, exactly, am I expected to learn from that?

Read what is embossed into the lines insulation to decide its quality.

BTW, here is what it says on the cable:

105°C 600V VW-1 C(UL) STW 4x13.3mm² (SAWG)

Translation needed

BTW, here is what it says on the cable:

105°C 600V VW-1 C(UL) STW 4x13.3mm² (SAWG)

Can someone translate this into common man speak? What does this tell us?

Thanks
Norm

Without doing a direct item to item comparison with other brands, their cords do not seem to be significantly less expensive than the "name" brands. Possibly a few dollars less, but then there's shipping costs.

Michael, how does this compare?

From Fisheries Supply:

Marinco 30 amp 50 foot - $85
Marinco 50 amp 125/250 V - $615

i didn't want to log into a site under audit and renovation to find out the answer. Fisheries and WM require no log in for viewing Marinco products and prices.

$94 50 ft 30A

$295. 50ft. 50A 125/250

Michael, how does this compare?

From Fisheries Supply:

Marinco 30 amp 50 foot - $85

Marinco 50 amp 125/250 V - $615

i didn't want to log into a site under audit and renovation to find out the answer. Fisheries and WM require no log in for viewing Marinco products and prices.

If you choose the High Tide Marine cords from the menu you shouldn't need to create an account to see the prices.

Anyway, the 30 Amp is a little more at $94, but the 50 Amp is WAY less at $294, assuming you are also talking 50 ft.

I bought a 50 Amp cord from them and it was half the cost of the Marinco. Quality seems extremely high to me.

Makes sense with the cord ends being the expensive part of each cord.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom