Captain Test

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is the required whistle signal for a power-driven vessel leaving a dock or berth

• A

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • B

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • C

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • D

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
Vessel Name
Apache II
Vessel Make
1974 Donald Jones
2. What is the required whistle signal for a power-driven vessel leaving a dock or berth.

A. One short blast.

B. One Prolonged blast.

C. Two short blasts.

D. Two prolonged blasts.

What do you think folks should I continue with this or let it go.

I thought it would be fun at least for discussion.

SD

B- one prolonged, and 3 short if operating aster propulsion

works for me cause I understand the game... but you'll get confused by the "what I would do" answers...and you don't need that if you are studying

Greetings,
Mr. SD. Sure, continue. Although I probably flubbed the first question, it got me to thinking. But that's just me. I think the answer to the 2nd question is D. Mr. psneeld. What about a ferry which can be driven from either end?

Last edited:
Greetings,
Mr. SD. Sure, continue. Although I probably flubbed the first question, it got me to thinking. But that's just me. I think the answer to the 2nd question is D. Mr. psneeld. What about a ferry which can be driven from either end?

They always leave going ahead.

Greetings,

I know you are a smart guy and that's the problem...the rules are made for monkeys to interpret...

If driving a ferry...you blast 3 short if operating astern propulsion...if you don't put anything in reverse...no blasts....

I know that sounds as dumb as it gets and it is...but think about answering that question in court...and you'll get the ridiculous gist of it all sometimes...:D

Two prolonged is the fog signal for a power driven vessel underway, not making way.

everyone got that one right
the answer is B

One prolonged blast.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom