Cape Dory 28

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pauliemv

Vessel Name
ALITA V
Vessel Make
Cape Dory 28
Hi there folks and Happy Holidays one and all!
New owner of a Cape Dory 28 and I’m looking for other owners to ask questions of. Give a shout if you can. Can surely use the help.

Merry Christmas, congratulations we sailed Cape Dory’s for 25 years. Well built either sail or power, quality bronze fittings, and use of teak. Enjoy.

Which engine do you have? I owned a CD 28 with the Chrysler gasser some years ago. Nice boat. Check out CapeDory28.info :: The Home for Cape Dory Power Yacht Owners which is the site for owners of Cape Dory power boats, the CD 28 being the most popular model. Lots of historical info, owners manuals, and a forum for discussion of CD topics.

David

I’ve got a Westerbeke 100 hp...

Excellent choice! I've had my 28 for 4 years now and it's been the perfect boat for how I use it now. I've done a lot of mods and improvements outlined here in my various albums: https://public.fotki.com/ttschwing/cape-dory-28-trawler/

The Westerbeke version is pretty rare from what I've seen.. Most had the Chrysler gas or Volvo 200 (mine). The WB should be fine as most of our cruising is at hull speed+ which requires far less HP than the Volvo has. If you have any questions, check out my albums and feel free to ping me. Welcome aboard!

2v2Jdgih8x3cYB.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom