Canadian Energy Batteries

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diverrob

Vessel Name
Sounder
Vessel Make
Mainship 34T
Quick on here everyone...

Unfortunately I need to replace my house bank so I want to move to 6V golf cart batteries (6 in series/parallel). I have price quotes and Canadian Energy seems to be the best price (190/each) vs 289 for Trojan and 220 for Interstate. I don't have experience with Canadian Energy and like the price but wanted to check first. They are sold at my local chandler and I respect the group there but wanted to check to see if I should pass on them and spend more money. I know the general consensus seems to be Trojan but that may be out of my price range at this point in time. Thanks

Rob

Have used Canadian Energy batteries for decades, I buy them direct from their location in Esquimalt on Cave Street, ask for Jon or Dale. The majority of our yacht club uses them, it helps that Dale is a member..............:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Great, thanks I was going to use Trotac but will give them a call since they are local!

Rob

Ask your local chandlery - Trotac? - how long they have carried them and if its been a few years, you are probably good to go if they haven't experienced a lot of problems.

How about Battery World on Boundary in Vancouver. Give them a phone call, I think they only carry Trojan's but not sure, but if the savings is significant, ferry it over, pick them up and ferry them back. If you start whining when you read this, I have no sympathy. I had to ferry over to Vancouver and pick up my Fireflies at Pacific Yacht Systems and ferry it back. At least they are opening up the food section on the ferries again, so it won't be all bad.

I notice Princess Auto also carries that brand of battery, maybe you might save a few bucks purchasing there - out in Langford.

Yikes !!! What am I missing ?? I just bought 4 golf cart Trojans from my local dealer for $108 each with no core charge. I know the exchange rate is steep, but what am I missing? My local dealer is not a marine store. Wow its expensive to be Canadian Eh.

Ask your local chandlery - Trotac? - how long they have carried them and if its been a few years, you are probably good to go if they haven't experienced a lot of problems.

How about Battery World on Boundary in Vancouver. Give them a phone call, I think they only carry Trojan's but not sure, but if the savings is significant, ferry it over, pick them up and ferry them back. If you start whining when you read this, I have no sympathy. I had to ferry over to Vancouver and pick up my Fireflies at Pacific Yacht Systems and ferry it back. At least they are opening up the food section on the ferries again, so it won't be all bad.

I notice Princess Auto also carries that brand of battery, maybe you might save a few bucks purchasing there - out in Langford.

Good call on Princess they are just down the street. Not too worried about the ferry just the time this is going to take, I have a trip planned soon and between work and my holidays I don't have much time. This came up kinda unexpected. Thanks

Yikes !!! What am I missing ?? I just bought 4 golf cart Trojans from my local dealer for $108 each with no core charge. I know the exchange rate is steep, but what am I missing? My local dealer is not a marine store. Wow its expensive to be Canadian Eh.

Yea the difference is a lot and I don't know why other than exchange and shipping??

Pricing has been a mystery to me. For a few items, after currency exchange, items are cheaper in Canada. Some items work out to be about the same. However, for many, many items, the Canadian price is way higher compared to the US price, than what can be accounted for in currency exchange. The other costs like shipping, border fees, etc. would be accounted for in any imported items where cost are comparable.
As an example, several years ago, I purchased a Honda generator in the US. When I was talking to the Canadian rep, he told me he pays more wholesale to buy his product than what I paid for my generator (after exchange). Go figure. Sometimes it seems like we are "held ransom" by some companies??

So it pays to shop around, I found Trojan for 189/each at another wholesale supply here in Victoria . I think I will go with them as they are the same price as the Canadian energy and have a better warranty

What supply and are they available to "anyone"?

Do these batteries come with an installation crew too?

The install will be pretty straight forward it’s getting the 3X8D batteries out that will be difficult!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom