Canada to U.S. boarder crossings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But I do resent un-infected travel restrictions within my country.

Since there is only limited testing in the US, and since there is asymptomatic and pre-symptomatic transmission of COVID-19, I don't see how it would be practical - or even possible - to allow for "un-infected" people to travel any differently than anyone else.

1) People who are contagious often will have no idea, because they may be pre-symptomatic (or possibly asymptomatic).

2) We are only testing a small percentage of the population (and even for those people, they could get infected an hour after they took the test).

So it's not that "un-infected" people should be restricted; it's more that there is no way to know who those people ARE from one moment to the next. It's only made worse by lax contact tracing.

Do I resent the virus itself? You bet I do. Stupid virus.

Do I resent the lack of testing and contact tracing? Yes, when I see other countries doing so much better and yet we (US) are an "advanced" country.

But I can't resent no-one making special exceptions for "un-infected" people given that we don't have a way of knowing who they are.

We have a daughter and near one year old granddaughter in Nanaimo and my wife will likely suffer the quarantine to visit them soon, I will not. Isnt much for me to do up there even if I can go where I please.

Remind them, 30 years ago, they only had the phone and no video connection.
Now they can see and talk with them live.

potential issues like a lot of vegetables are not allowed to cross the borders,

Come on now, as Canadians we can politer than that.
You, of course are correct RSN48! :dance:I will try again..... Excuse me, to all my American friends. I am so sorry that my (bad) Federal Government has all of these silly rules they have implemented (for many years now) regarding what produce you can bring with you when entering this foreign country (Canada). I am also sorry that these rules and some others that they have, may impact any future quarantine that our (bad) Government may put in place to inconvenience you. :lol:
How's that RSN, better :facepalm:
Sorry for the silliness, and now back to our regular programming. :D

Australia is still locking up returning citizens and residents for 14 days, and catching infections. It works. It`s the single wisest thing our Govt did,along with stopping non citizen/non residents coming here at all.
International travel is a significant danger for now. Especially if not managed well, eg Ruby Princess, it seems due to an overwhelmed Health Dept. Fortunately we learn from our mistakes but we may still make others. Every country should try to learn from the experiences of others, no point reinventing the wheel.

"no point reinventing the wheel."
Here, here!! Unfortunately, our record (most Countries) doing that, as of late, has been "spotted" at best.

Fortunately we learn from our mistakes but we may still make others. Every country should try to learn from the experiences of others, no point reinventing the wheel.

Our Dr. Bonnie Henry is now world famous for her approach, which notably includes many conversations with her Public Health colleagues world wide.
This will necessarily include Public Health officials in Aus.
"Be Kind, Be Calm, Be Safe."

Our Dr. Bonnie Henry is now world famous for her approach, which notably includes many conversations with her Public Health colleagues world wide.
This will necessarily include Public Health officials in Aus.
"Be Kind, Be Calm, Be Safe."
Wouldn't it be nice to be in her position come contract time?

Remind them, 30 years ago, they only had the phone and no video connection.
Now they can see and talk with them live.
We do so nearly every day via face time. Watching my little granddaughter take her first steps and trying to mouth words has been just wonderful, my wife is continually wiping away tears, and despite "seeing" them often we miss them terribly.

Greetings,
Mr. 78. I can fully understand. We have our daughter and grand kids here for a couple of weeks. We're now in each other's "social bubble". Yesterday was the first time I ever held our new grand daughter. She's 5 months old. THAT'S what I miss the most.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom