Can You Name This Place ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Benthic2

Guru
There are so many members here who are so well travelled, I thought it might be fun to have people post pictures of their travels and see if others can identify the location. The intent is pure fun, lets see if it catches on.

This has been called the most painted building in the US. The town paints it with new paint that looks weather beaten to preserve its look.

Attachments

• MotifNo1.jpg
    MotifNo1.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 103
Here’s one
Sorry if it’s sideways. I’m on my phone.

Attachments

• D592E907-10CA-4CFE-8B87-14EB88560CB4.jpg
    D592E907-10CA-4CFE-8B87-14EB88560CB4.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 77
If you have trouble uploading pictures, follow these steps.

1. Click "Go Advanced"
2. Type your message
3. Click on the paperclip icon
4. Click on "choose file"
5. Navigate to the picture on your computer
6. Click "upload"
7. Click "Submit Reply"

I’ll give you it’s Florida square in the middle of the town’s municipal marina.

How's This?

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 77
Surely not from the top!!?:socool:

Oh heck no, even at that age we weren't that athletic.

This year will be our 20th anniversary -- blink twice and you're eating tepid oatmeal in a senior center out of a plastic bowl.

That’d be the Mount Marathon race in Seward, right?

We have a winner!

I've not been to the top, obviously plag...uh...republished under the fair use doctrine... the pic from the now defunct Anchorage paper, but I was there to see it during my 5-month 2018 cruise.

Last edited:
I know; I was there:
That was a good day. And that's a great photo. Ahhh. Wish that evening lasted longer. When we go back this summer it'll be for the wedding of the little squirt who was the flower girl in our wedding. Grown up now and she's going into grad school. I've talked about Alaska so much to the boys they think it's a northern Shangri-la. Matthew says he expects to go to UAF because he gets in-state tuition as the son of an alumnus. Well, that would be cool, but that's not why he should choose it.

That was a good day....it'll be for the wedding of the little squirt who was the flower girl in our wedding. Grown up now and she's going into grad school. I

Yeah, seems like yesterday...In that pic, I'm 60; Gina, 48 and Livia,...in my Dad-memory, will always be 5, in her velveteen dress and her "training heels", but this is what she looks like now:

Attachments

• MN1.jpg
    MN1.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Seen recently

Attachments

• 20210713_114055.jpg
    20210713_114055.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 34
August 2022

Attachments

• IMG_6387.jpg
    IMG_6387.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 35
Where is this whale?

Attachments

• F4941AD0-9855-42DE-B4D4-34B0DCE41635.jpg
    F4941AD0-9855-42DE-B4D4-34B0DCE41635.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 46
Here’s one
Sorry if it’s sideways. I’m on my phone.

Ok that’s Pete the Pelican with cousins St. Pete, Repete, and Three Pete in Clearwater Beach Municipal Marina.

Hmm, Sababa's whale photo definitely looks like Pacific Northwest. North of Seattle on the Puget Sound maybe?

Here's a photo from our summer cruising for you guys to take a guess at:
25229-albums1286-picture7949.jpg

Hmm, Sababa's whale photo definitely looks like Pacific Northwest. North of Seattle on the Puget Sound maybe?

Spot on, you could practically name the town from that description.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom